1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Laptop screen view - How to make it as accurate and proportionate as possible....

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by constance6356, Mar 31, 2007.

Hey all,

I've just bought a laptop, my first. It's a widescreen laptop, therefore the images shown on the screen is slightly elongated, and the images looks abit distorted, plump....

I must admit that I didn't think of the screen shape to be something that I should consider before purchasing...but now that I've bought it, and realized this...wonder if there's a way to make the screen view more like how it should be, both the colours as well as the proportion of images....

It's important that what's shown on screen to be as accurate as possible because I'll be using this laptop for my illustrations/digital works....

Do share with me....

Thanks everyone :)

constance6356, Mar 31, 2007 IP
  2. pixel_dust

pixel_dust Peon

Best Answers:
    you probably just have to change your screen resolution
    right click on your desktop, choose properties > settings and change your resolution and see if that does the trick

vanessa.

pixel_dust, Apr 1, 2007 IP
  3. sir_round

sir_round Active Member

Best Answers:
    if that don't work, try to restore the monitor's settings to the default ones.

sir_round, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  4. Coolalex

Coolalex Banned

Best Answers:
    I always seem to get the tint of colors wrong when designing stuff on my laptop.

Coolalex, Apr 3, 2007 IP
  5. constance6356

constance6356 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks. I changed the reso to 800 x 600 before posting my problem here but after reading pixel dust and sir round, I tried again, but this time to another higher one...and that solved the proportion problem :)

Yeah, coolalex, I find the colours to be quite different from those viewed in my pc and Mac...:(

Anybody out there who could advise us on how to adjust the colours to be as accurate as possible? what is best for illustrators that uses both A. Illustrator and Adobe Photoshop?

constance6356, Apr 4, 2007 IP
  6. NathanielJ

NathanielJ Active Member

Best Answers:
    The "resolution" tip would work great for me too. Thanks:)

NathanielJ, Apr 4, 2007 IP