1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Large Scale CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by fireflyproject, Mar 19, 2007.

I am going to be soon in need of a CMS that will be handling massive amounts of information. Think along the scale of Yahoo! in two to three years. Does anyone know of a CMS that will allow the kind of scalability that websites like that have?

fireflyproject, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  2. Ninja99

Ninja99 Peon

Best Answers:
    use joomla or xoops
    i've a site using xoops that has more than 60K users

Ninja99, Mar 19, 2007 IP
  3. Dellius

Dellius Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would recommend vivvo 3.4. It is all AJAX, scalable, fast, good looking and very simple to use. Check out vivvo.net for more info.

Alternatively just PM me.

Dellius, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  4. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    A paid CMS? Why would someone decide to pay for one when there are good free alternatives with great support communities around?

Clive, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  5. Dellius

Dellius Active Member

Best Answers:
    Because "good free alternatives" always come bad and expensive at the end. I have a lot of experience with Mambo, Joomla, PHP-Nuke, Post Nuke, xOOPS, e107 and a lot more of them and all I can say is: don't use them for serious business. Those alternatives always have something to fix, something to patch, something that is wrong.

I don't know about you but as for me - I prefer to work on my content and Google rating rather than fixing and patching the engine.

Dellius, Mar 23, 2007 IP
  6. Clive

Clive Web Developer

Best Answers:
    Don't get me wrong. I was just wondering. Although, your words generate another follow up. Just because with some CMS you don't have to deal with patches and fixes, it does not necessarily mean there shouldn't be any to be taken care of. So I'd rather be worried when developers are keeping silent about patches than be happy that there's no fix to apply on the site over the time.

No software is perfect.

Clive, Mar 23, 2007 IP