1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Layer Layer.

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by sahiscope, Jul 26, 2011.

even after 4 5 months of photoshop, layers are a real pain.
    Actually there is a file that I have which is in psd format. And obviously when I open that File with photoshop, the document opens with all it's constituent layers. I wish to apply these layers and their effects directly to another photo. Is this possible? I mean if I have the psd file photo opened, and the one I wish to edit in another document, Can I have layers directly applied to my intended photo giving it their respective effects without having me to make them directly?
    My question probably has been phrased in a strange way But I hope you get what I mean.
    Any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

sahiscope, Jul 26, 2011 IP
  2. xDemevenx

xDemevenx Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Let me see if I understand your problem right. If so, here's a solution to what I think you may be encountering:

Here, you can see that the photo on the left has two adjustment layers and the one on the right does not:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

So, highlight any of the filters or adjustments you have in one psd, and drag it to the other picture (you can only do this when your psd files are in windowed mode)
    [​IMG]

And now, your file should have the same adjustments.
    [​IMG]

If you need to copy filters/effects, just right click each individual layer, hit "copy layer style", go to whatever needs the effects, right click that layer and hit "paste layer style."

Last edited: Jul 26, 2011
    xDemevenx, Jul 26, 2011 IP