1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Layout - Need your honest advice, guys!

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by DeanMoriarty, Jul 30, 2012.

Hello there,

Long time reader, first time poster, as it goes, and I thought maybe fellow webmasters might give me some advice here.

We've got a gaming-related website, and slowly but surely growing. We've a much better logo on the way (I know, current one sucks) and right now want to change the layout - it's probably time. We're using WordPress.

http://www.thegamerschallenge.com

What do you think, for this kind of website -- how big of a layout is the best choice? What kind of those are most user-friendly? I'm looking to buy one of the premium ones, as investing into this project has been paying out so far.

Also, if you have any advice, tips or noticed something wrong on the website, feel free to share. I would be the MOST appreciative of your advice on how can we make this website better, or where do we go from here and progress.

Thanks so much people! Big respect to the forum.

DeanMoriarty, Jul 30, 2012 IP
  2. flotwig

flotwig Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm actually liking the current theme a whole lot! It's a huge niche, but you have what it takes to make it, I think. Are you using other bloggers in addition to yourself?

flotwig, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  3. DeanMoriarty

DeanMoriarty Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks you for your response man, much appreciated! Yeah, we've got some people working on it so there's a daily content at all times.

The reason why I'd like to change it is because a few people pointed out that it looks a little bit like an old Gamespot layout, which I wasn't aware of. Also, I think maybe we need to expand in terms of how much content in visible on the homepage... I might be totally wrong here, that's why I'm asking for advice. Is there a need for more space to be filled with various content all over the homepage?

Thanks!

DeanMoriarty, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  4. flotwig

flotwig Peon

Best Answers:
    Now that you mention it, it does look a little bit like Gamestop, but there's nothing wrong with that. I like the layout, it's easy to find what you need and all. The logo could be much improved though.

flotwig, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  5. neeshu

neeshu Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    good theme which theme is this

neeshu, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  6. rodneytrotter

rodneytrotter Peon

Best Answers:
    It's a good theme. Good black-orange-yellow combination. Not tiresome on the eyes, got spunk. Can you tell me the name of the theme please? It's a Wordpress theme, if I understood correctly.

rodneytrotter, Aug 3, 2012 IP
  7. ItMakesCents

ItMakesCents Peon

Best Answers:
    Current theme and layout looks pretty clean to me.

ItMakesCents, Aug 5, 2012 IP
  8. asad.iqbal

asad.iqbal Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    From my point of view this site looks good. Just one thing, when you change the logo (e.g color) then you must 'balance' your color combination. something which looks like 'gothik'. Consult with a designer, he may help you more.

@rodneytrotter: Current theme of the site you can find here http://www.wpnow.com/themes/gamenow

asad.iqbal, Aug 10, 2012 IP