1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Legal Issues with Domain Owner

Discussion in 'General Business' started by heyclifford, Jan 1, 2013.

I have a really important question..

I use to own a Pay per click website and I sold it to another owner who later stop paying users on the site. So the site basically became a scam site. Okay, now another site that reviews Pay per click sites still have my name on their review site saying that I am the owner! I have contacted them saying that they should update the name to reflect the new owner but the webmaster who runs the site did this instead..

Owner/Alias: "New owner's name" 2nd owner | "my name " of USA 1st owner

The domain whois even shows the new owner's name but the admin says that I need to pay the users of the site before he can take my name down from the site.. What can i do?

heyclifford, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  2. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    He is providing false information and you can prove that you are not the owner. Look up the guy that owns this website on the whois records and post him a formal letter asking for the false information concerning you to be taken off of his website or you will take legal action. What country are you in? I will look up these laws for you... make sure you also reference the specific laws that apply in your letter.

Original Hosting, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  3. heyclifford

heyclifford Banned

Best Answers:
    I live in the U.S. I also ready send me a friendly letter months ago and that was when he put my name as second owner.. Actually, my name is crossed with a one horizontal line. The text editor here took that off..

4. Original Hosting

Original Hosting Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand you may not like me asking this because of obvious reasons but can you please PM me the domain name of said review site?

Original Hosting, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  5. heyclifford

heyclifford Banned

Best Answers:
    So this is wrong for the webmaster correct?

6. qwikad.com

qwikad.com Illustrious Member Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    If you have anything to prove that he bought the site from you and he has a full ownership of it, there's nothing to worry about. If you have emails going back and forth, any other correspondence, any signed contract, a paypal payment, etc. to prove your are not the owner, just ask him to remove your name completely and tell him you will sue him if he doesn't.

You can also make an official post somewhere online, explaining that you are not the owner of the site and you can't be held accountable for the fraudulent actions of the new owner. When someone will be looking for more info regarding this they will stumble across your post. You should mention the domain name, the name of the new owner and the issue that you are dealing with. Google will index it and since it's a unique information, your post will be easily found.

qwikad.com, Jan 1, 2013 IP
  7. heyclifford

heyclifford Banned

Best Answers:
    Thanks for all the information. I do have prove showing that the website was auction on ebay and sold. The listing is still live on ebay! I have contact the hosting provider explaining the issue that I want my name taken down.

8. sarahk

sarahk iTamer Staff

Best Answers:
    A court order will do the trick if the review site is owned by someone from a legally accessible country. I'd get it documented online so that people know you are no longer liable.

FWIW I don't blame the users for being aggro, they sign up, they help build your site up, you sell up and run with the money and then they get screwed over.

sarahk, Jan 2, 2013 IP