1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

[LF] Cheap Data Centers (US)

Discussion in 'General Business' started by MillitaryDragon, Apr 14, 2011.

Hello, I want to start my own US based internet company. I can spend around 200 dollars a month as of now. Will increase in the future. Anyone know where I can get the cheapest hardware and datacenter from? Some advice on this will be great. To start I'm sure the income isn't to great. However, I'm hoping in the near future it will be profitable.

MillitaryDragon, Apr 14, 2011 IP
  2. jbiloh

jbiloh Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you looking to purchase a server and then send it to a datacenter for hosting (referred to as colocation)? Or, would you prefer that the datacenter handle everything and you rent/lease the end product (referred to as a dedicated server)?

jbiloh, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  3. ChicagoVPS|Chris

ChicagoVPS|Chris Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Jbiloh hit it on the head. Do you plan on renting or using your own equipment to co-locate. Also where in the US are you looking? East Coast, West, or Central.

ChicagoVPS|Chris, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  4. MillitaryDragon

MillitaryDragon Member

Best Answers:
    Well, I wanted to buy a dedicated server directly from a data center that is affordable. My requirements is dual core processor with 8gb of ram and 250 gb or up hd

MillitaryDragon, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  5. ChicagoVPS|Chris

ChicagoVPS|Chris Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Direct data center only sells racks and space not single servers ( most of the time ). Look for companies that offer single dedicated servers.

ChicagoVPS|Chris, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  6. Intermg

Intermg Active Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, there's a lot of companies offering dedicated servers. Just keep in mind that it would cost you much more than VPS. If you're just starting out, I'd recommend that you consider VPS option first, then switch over to a dedicated server at a later time.

Intermg, Apr 17, 2011 IP
  7. lothos

lothos Member

Best Answers:
    are you looking for managed or unmanaged?

lothos, Apr 18, 2011 IP