1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lightweight cms with integrated forum? Suggest one please

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by sanyi007, Jun 29, 2009.

Hi all!
    I have a wordpress site, but i would like to move to a cms, because i don't like the blog feeling, and the more plugin installed, the more unstable the blog is, not to mention the non integrated forum.

Please suggest me a cms, which has these functions:
    - private messaging, profile
    - integrated forum (can be addon too, but not a forum bridge!)
    - good cache system, for logged in users too (this is why i dropped drupal)
    - categories
    - teaser for posts
    - a post can use multi categories (terms, etc) and the categories can have parent catgories, like: languages(parent)-english, german, etc (subcategories)

The most important: i would like to use it on shared hosting for the time being, so it has to be a good cache system with low cpu usage.

Important: Do not suggest me joomla and drupal. Joomla is too resource eater with or without cache, while drupal can't cache logged in users very good, and that will be a problem in the future.

Thanks, and waiting for the replies!

sanyi007, Jun 29, 2009 IP
  2. ~kev~

~kev~ Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    MKPortal is a content management system that offers full integration with most of the popular forums. And I mean FULL integration, there is no bridge or special code to install.

There are a couple of things that I do not like about MKPortal - the control panel is dated, and only the administrator can embed videos and other scripts. But for the most part, its a pretty solid piece of software.

Whether you like it or not, its worth a try. At least then you can say that you have used it.

One thing that I liked about MKPortal, their support forums are pretty good. And most of the people there are very friendly. I installed MKportal and had it up and running in a matter of minutes.

~kev~, Jun 30, 2009 IP
  3. AlcVitRes

AlcVitRes Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    > both functions present in DLE

> This CMS also has integration with phpBB, IPB, vBulletin forums;

> caching present, including Gzip support (from 0 to 5 requests to database)

- categories
    > as many as u like, including sub-categories as well

- teaser for posts
    > Informer mod, I'd suggest

- a post can use multi categories (terms, etc.)
    > 1-2 additional requests to DB, and voila, u have it

- and the categories can have parent categories, like:
    languages(parent)-english, german, etc. (subcategories)
    > some threads on forum adresses this issue.. Good luck..

AlcVitRes, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  4. AveUgotaWkdSide

AveUgotaWkdSide Active Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe pligg, not bad

AveUgotaWkdSide, Jul 1, 2009 IP
  5. mustafaneguib

mustafaneguib Peon

Best Answers:
    try Theeta CMS . it supports quite a few of the features that you have listed. Im not sure what the cache system that you are talking about.

you can try out the demo of it.

Demo of Theeta CMS

user: admin
    password: admin

Features List

yes private messaging system has been built into Theeta CMS, and a profile too has been incorporated. The profile has been integrated with the user's individual blog.

yes Theeta CMS has its own integrated forum. how ever Theeta CMS does not support any third party plugins as of yet.

not sure what cache system is, but user's login is based on sessions. a user is logged in as long as his session is active.

- categories

you can make categories in the forum

- teaser for posts

permissions have been implemented. you can restrict access to any one if you want to from the forum.

- a post can use multi categories (terms, etc) and the categories can have parent catgories, like: languages(parent)-english, german, etc (subcategories)

actually a post can only have a single category for simplicity's sake. at the moment you can create seperate categories, with forums but you can not create sub categories.

mustafaneguib, Jul 4, 2009 IP