1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Like a Yellow Pages but for internet users.

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by BalloonHead, Jan 14, 2008.

Is there such thing as a website where people can put their user information about themselves on the internet?

There would be an ID card style page for each information about the internet user. Hopefully not real life information(like address, phone number, real name). The information should have name(different from account name, much longer length in field. Doesn't have to be a real name, you can call yourself Super Banana), bio, email(will be displayed with the @ and . replaced with random symbols), location(city, state, and nation) which is optional, and interest field where you can put in things that interest you seperated by the comma.

The users can put 2 groups of website lists. First is, the websites you are accociated with if you own a youtube or an art account, the second one would be your favorite links.

There should be some social interaction features included with it as well. It should either come with XFN or FOAF.

BalloonHead, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  2. Cypherus

Cypherus Peon

Best Answers:
    Cypherus, Jan 14, 2008 IP
  3. Bohol

Bohol Peon

Best Answers:
    Bohol, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  4. blade007

blade007 Peon

Best Answers:
    blade007, Jan 15, 2008 IP
  5. BalloonHead

BalloonHead Guest

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the links but I wasn't planning on starting a social network site but more like being able to put my information on an existing social site.

Linkedin and FaceBook requires a person to use their real names which I don't use it for security purposes. A real name could be optional though.

If I actually created my own dream social network site, I woulden't be able to maintain it but give it to someone else instead.

BalloonHead, Jan 16, 2008 IP