1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link directorys

Discussion in 'General Business' started by RoxD, Jan 29, 2010.

I want to start a link directory in a specific niche that doesn't have a link directory yet. So my question is, how do I get the administrators of websites to join my link directory? I've already been collecting a list of the sites that I want to email it to, but is there another way to advertise it?

RoxD, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  2. swarg

swarg Peon

Best Answers:
    If you do not require payment and want to include some sites in your directory - include them. You can do it without any administrators.

swarg, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  3. RoxD

RoxD Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh ok.. I've searched but can't find any, do you know of any tutorials/hints for getting a directory popular?

RoxD, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  4. swarg

swarg Peon

Best Answers:
    If you cannot find any sites related to your niche you "specific niche" looks very narrow for me. Because of this it will require tremendous amount of work to make it popular. May be it is a good idea to increase your niche?

I have no idea how to make directory popular )

swarg, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  5. powerlifer

powerlifer Active Member

Best Answers:
    i think he said hes been collecting sites so their must be enough.

emailing them will have sites in know time, site admins are eager to get a back link especially in a niche directory.

powerlifer, Jan 30, 2010 IP
  6. Dreads

Dreads Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am not sure if its really worth your time making link directories. Why not try something new? Maybe put in a web 2.0/social aspect. Even if its a new niche, a link directory is a link directory. Most users do not use them. The purpose of them has been lost, its now just small loop hole link farms.

Dreads, Jan 30, 2010 IP