1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link exchange billing invoces

Discussion in 'General Business' started by xisleet, Sep 19, 2012.

Recently I have been getting offers for link exchanges for my websites. The email seems legit how ever the senders are requiring me to fill out w9 or w8 forms to release the payments. I find this a bit od as the w9 for here in the us requires me to give out my ssn. This does not seem to be the best thing to do and could be a great way for someone to steal your identity.

I tried to google these types of spam but I did not find anything. So I do not know if I should trust it or not. But if this is legit I have been missing out on money all along ;[

So my question is this, has anyone here did business this way? did your identity get stolen and would you send them the w9 or w8 (outside us)?

xisleet, Sep 19, 2012 IP
  2. James Byun

James Byun Active Member

Best Answers:
    I understand, if they are requesting because you work for them. But, you need to check if they are a registered business, and yes its a fast way to get your identity stolen.

My opinion: I wouldn't even bother with this, because anyone whose trying to link exchange plus bill you a invoice is obviously trying to get the better end of you. Why?
    1. You identity
    2. Money
    3. Them possibly transferring your domain name to their servers (with the given information provided.)

James Byun, Sep 21, 2012 IP