1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Link Farms, what are they?

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by anthonycea, Jan 2, 2005.

1. fryman

fryman Kiss my rep

Best Answers:
    Well, I don't have or want to have an argument with anyone, all I was asking is if this network could be classified as a link farm

fryman, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    No, it is a barter exchange, advertising space has been traded for over 100 years, unsold air time on radio and TV stations has been traded with credits instead of cash everyday since then.

There are barter exchanges set up just to accomplish this in the advertising industry. That is all the co-op does is trade equal amounts of advertising/text links for what you give to the network.

For example, a TV station has unsold air time slots, they then give those slots to the local newspaper for their unsold space in the newspaper.

It works for both as they are able to reach each others audiences without spending cash but trading unsold inventory, it is called barter.

anthonycea, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  3. Cyclops

Cyclops sensei

Best Answers:
    My understanding of the coop links is that there is only as many links as there are adds on your site. So when the add moves on so does the link. Google only reports what is there at the time it spiders the site.....5 adds = 5 links.
    How long Google keeps these links in it's memory though is for someone else to answer . :D

Cyclops.

Cyclops, Jan 2, 2005 IP
  4. Blogmaster

Blogmaster Blood Type Dating Affiliate Manager

Best Answers:
    it's about balance. If you have a strong site with great support, you can have more links on it but it still weakens how effective it is.

Blogmaster, Jan 3, 2005 IP