1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

LinkedIN For Offline Client Generation

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by JW1981, Apr 18, 2012.

I've found this to be a useful technique for generating offline clients.

Go get a LinkedIn account. And set it up professionally. Use a good photo, post information about the services you can offer to offline businesses and try to get some of your friends, co-workers, etc to post useful reviews on your linkedin account. When you're filling out the services your can provide (or that you know where to outsource to) write them in a way that shows you are there to help offline businesses.

Join some groups and be willing to offer some services for free. When you get takers, go overboard in what your provide. You'll get buying customers from referrals. A LOT of referrals. Once you have a few satisfied customers go back and ask for an endorsement on your LinkedIn profile. You'll get a lot. Remember, ALWAYS OVERDELIVER!! If you don't have a lot of money for outsourcing I recommend using white label sources. You may have to skimp on a few of the services, but you can still provide a basic website with 8 pages for free. Using some of these resources you can charge the service fee to the people on LinkedIn. You'll make no profit, but you'll have happy customers who will refer their business associates to you.

Once you have a LinkedIn account go register for meetup.com. You'll want to find small business meetings in cities. Pick a big city and join one of their small business groups. Offer them a free webinar on how to use the internet for marketing their business. And don't sell anything just overload them with helpful information. Many of these business owners will also have a LinkedIn account and will comment on your LinkedIn account about your informative free seminar. And of course you'll get clients from these webinars.

Hope these ideas help.

JW1981, Apr 18, 2012 IP
    Lada.Eglitis and God_Mode like this.
  2. God_Mode

God_Mode Member

Best Answers:
    Good advice, there's many things that can come out of this. Thanks :)

God_Mode, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  3. LouC

LouC Member

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn and MeetUp sounds like a good match. And giving away free quality content will certainly help.

Some good advice here. I believe in the same philosophy and have just made a short video that invite others to a free online video training.
    If you can spare 45-sec, I appreciate your feedback. I did the video in a haste so it is not perfect but I just want to test the waters.

link to the blog with the video is here http://www.synergymarketingpro.com/online-video-social-media-training-for-you/

LouC, Apr 18, 2012 IP
  4. SawyerD

SawyerD Peon

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn is great and a lot of people use it.

I also find if you have a good profile/resume people are really willing to be open and connect with you.

SawyerD, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  5. JW1981

JW1981 Peon

Best Answers:
    Another way for client generation using LinkedIn. Many professionals have it linked from their websites. When you send them an email about your services, make sure to offer free helpful suggestions, let them know they can contact you on LinkedIn if you already have recommendations on LinkedIn. This uses the power of social proof and is a power lead generation method.

JW1981, Apr 19, 2012 IP
  6. Lada.Eglitis

Lada.Eglitis Peon

Best Answers:
    Yes, that's a great idea. You should always remember that your profile is a resume, so you want it to be as tight as possible. People should know what you do and what you’re good at as soon as they glance at your profile. This way you will help people who are searching for new services - your services.

Lada.Eglitis, Apr 24, 2012 IP
  7. Dave Staley

Dave Staley Peon

Best Answers:
    LinkedIn is a great social networking site

Dave Staley, Apr 25, 2012 IP