1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

list style Software for remotely located teams and staff

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Danny, Oct 24, 2011.

Hi all,

I am looking at building a little bit of software but thought I would see if it existed first, or anyone could tell me a free open source one that i could try out.

Basically my work has 2 remote employees, myself and another guy in Melbourne, as well as about 6 other staff in an office in Sydney. As part of our tasks we have a rotating list of the staff who have to pick up certain "undesirable tasks" we basically list everyone on there in a certain order, when one of the tasks comes in, the next person on the list takes the task and they then go to the bottom of the list. Now if that person is away or at lunch, the next person down the list takes the task and is moved to the bottom, leaving the other person at the top still.

So basically what we need is an ability to add people to a list, have people mark off when they take a task and that moves them to the bottom.
    We also need the ability for people to mark that they are at lunch or have anyone else mark a person on PTO so that they are essentially disregarded for the next one.

Basically a visual way for us all as a distributed team to see who is next, and who is where on the list.

Does anyone know anything that would fit this bill?

cheers
    Dan

Danny, Oct 24, 2011 IP
  2. Tom-US

Tom-US Member

Best Answers:
    Hey Dan,
    Try "LiteManager" is a fast, secure and easy to use Remote Control Software that allows u to Control Remote PC from anywhere.
    Good luck! ;)

Tom-US, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  3. Danny

Danny Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi Tom,

Thank you for the suggestion but this is not exactly what I am looking for. Rather than controlling other staff computers we just want a central application that allows us to say when each employee is at lunch, available etc and see where they are in the list for taking the next task

Danny, Oct 27, 2011 IP
  4. Tom-US

Tom-US Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I'll try to find something similar. )

Tom-US, Oct 28, 2011 IP