1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Listing Removed From Ebay - Any Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by stephen421, Feb 22, 2012.

A few weeks ago I decided to take my business to ebay. I sell social media services such as Facebook likes and Twitter followers. I had my items listed on ebay for about 2 weeks and did extremely well (made about $2,000). Then I receive an email saying that my listings had been removed because the types of services I was selling are against ebay's policies. I have a feeling it got removed because I was selling each item for the lowest price on ebay and the other sellers decided to report me. My question is, is there any way for me to get around this?

There are thousands of listings on ebay offering the exact same thing and some of them have been around for months without getting removed. There's even several top rated sellers that only sell these types of services. Can anyone explain how these other sellers get their listings to stay? Or how I could avoid getting mine removed? I'd hate to miss out on the potential profit ebay has to offer.

One idea I had was to sign up for an ebay store. Do you think this would help me avoid getting my items removed? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

stephen421, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  2. mutuk04

mutuk04 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would suggest you read their listing policy and then if possible change the description of your items.

mutuk04, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  3. stephen421

stephen421 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I don't think it has to do with my description though. I think ebay just doesn't allow these items but doesn't remove them unless they are reported. This is from the email I got from ebay "Your listing was removed because you listed "guaranteed likes" or page page followers for a social networking site account. eBay has made a decision not to allow these types of listings on the site. You may not have been aware of this policy and we know it is frustrating to have your item removed, but I must ask you not to relist your item."

There's nothing in ebay's listing policies about this item, they just choose to remove it. Any ideas?

stephen421, Feb 22, 2012 IP
  4. mutuk04

mutuk04 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Few months ago I had my items removed for going against their policy and after I read the policy my items were okay and so what I did is changed the description of the item and I been okay since then

mutuk04, Feb 22, 2012 IP