1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Logo Creating Software

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by C.Whyte, Jun 5, 2008.

Hi DP,

Quick Question: what is the best logo creating software that you have found so far?

I am looking for ease of use with plenty of graphics.

Preferably Free, but if there is a cost, I am still interested.

Anyone had any success with any?

C.Whyte, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  2. Mr. Damnation

Mr. Damnation Peon

Best Answers:
    Photoshop, and my brain! :D

I don't think you'll ever get a good free logo unless it's from someone willing to create one for free to fill up a portfolio. Hate to say it, but it's true. And you don't wanna mess with those free programs, because the logos they give you are really crappy. And the logo is the most important part of marketing a brand can have. Without a memorable (thus good) logo, your company means nothing.

It's kept me away from working at several software companies -- although I am a designer as well as a programmer, it just shows (IMO) a lack of concern for branding and tells me the company is not meant to succeed.

Mr. Damnation, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  3. C.Whyte

C.Whyte Peon

Best Answers:
    There's got to be some good stuff out there, right?

I agree that a custom logo is the way to go for sure, but are there not any programs out there worth while? There's got to be a couple, right?

C.Whyte, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  4. Norebbo

Norebbo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm not aware of any programs that create logos with just a few clicks of the mouse. Logos are complex, and every situation is different. The only way to get a good logo is to build it from scratch (and it will require a heavy dose of creativity).

There are some pre-made logos that you can buy though. Problem is, they look generic and - pre made! Check out templatemonster.com. They have a small logo section, and you might be able to find something in there you can start with.

Norebbo, Jun 5, 2008 IP
  5. themtkid

themtkid Banned

Best Answers:
    Photoshop is the best there is no doubt about it. Photoshop is very expensive though ( if you were to buy it ). I did by it since im a photographer. Photoshop CS3 starts at $650.

Gimp is the best free software.

themtkid, Jun 5, 2008 IP