1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Logo design help

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by DhyanJagran, Oct 21, 2006.

Hi friends,
    I think I have creative ideas to create unique logos, but I lacks the professionla touch in the logos, so they are generally not excepted even if the idea is unique.
    Please guide me how to give professional touch to the logos. Any help will be greatly appriciated.
    I use Photoshop to create logos.

DhyanJagran, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  2. chuckd1356

chuckd1356 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Ok, I haven't seen your work, so all of these opinons will be based on prior experience in the graphic design field. Stay away from ugly designs, obviously. Do not use bevel/emobsses. It definetely takes that professional touch away. If you use gradients, make them less noticable. Don't do the whole chrome / metal look for graphics. They always suck. Don't use every effect photoshop has for the text. Keep the text simple. It should be something that you can recreate in css, with the small exception for logos. Don't over do it! And when making large layouts for something, try to use vector art if you plan to resize it. Vectors are based off mathematical formulas, not pixels so they resize and never get blurry.

Hope this helps!

chuckd1356, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  3. AngelaR

AngelaR Guest

Best Answers:
    One very easy piece of advice. Keep it Simple. Simplicity is a major factor in producing a professional piece. Nothing over the top, and nothing to make it look too busy. Good Luck!

AngelaR, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  4. toby

toby Notable Member

Best Answers:
    like angelar said, keep it simple. For example, just look at Microsoft, IBM, apple (they all look simple yet very branded!!)

toby, Oct 21, 2006 IP
  5. DhyanJagran

DhyanJagran Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks all for your kind advises :)

DhyanJagran, Oct 22, 2006 IP
  6. flavian

flavian Peon

Best Answers:
    Hi DhyanJagran
    Simple
    but in relaion to your theme or name. No use having a symbol of a head if your logo is about feet..
    Make sure your logo looks as sharp and clear in b&w as it does and colour... preferably create it in vector if you can. That way you can keep re-using it for print or web, otherwise save a large scale .psd, so you can always re-arrange layers if you decide to change your background color on your site etc...
    Sorry 'bout spelling, this has gone into overtype mode for some strange reason.
    Anyway, just a few tips you might want to think on.

Cheers

Ryan

flavian, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  7. jbladeus

jbladeus Peon

Best Answers:
    you can start with using a vector design software like illustrator and coreldraw. As i've mentioned this somwehere else on this forum that photoshop tends to cloud creativity and the designer is reduced to filtermongering.

A good design tip is to do a complex design and then systematically strip down its complexities to its bare essentials. People tend to work the other way around which imho is the reason behind all the garishness that is out there. :)

jbladeus, Oct 23, 2006 IP
  8. mindiam1

mindiam1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    use your imagination a keep trying

mindiam1, Oct 27, 2006 IP