1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Logo Designs?

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by DodgyAnt, Oct 19, 2006.

So I've been looking around Sitepoint lokoing at the Logo contest, and I see these amazing logo's. I'm fairly good with photoshop, but I don't get how they get the actual shape for the Logo itself.

I also here the term Adobe Illustrator used a lot aswell. What is this?

Another question, if I draw a picture by hand, and want to pixelise this, how would I go about doing this?

DodgyAnt, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  2. nsmchris

nsmchris Active Member

Best Answers:
    Most logos are designed as vector graphics using illustrator or freehand. Photoshop is raster (pixel) based. Google vector graphics for more info or go to Adobe and download a demo of illustrator or freehand they own them both now.

nsmchris, Oct 19, 2006 IP
  3. zchatila

zchatila Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If you want to draw by hand and then "pixelize," then maybe you can invest in a tablet pc? Otherwise, I suppose you could scan your drawing.

Illustrator is a vector-based design/drawing program. Wiki article here.

If you want to learn the program, may I recommend my site?
    Look here for some video tutorials. And then look here for some more!

That should keep you busy!

good luck.

zchatila, Oct 20, 2006 IP
  4. tonyrocks

tonyrocks Active Member

Best Answers:
    Photoshop ALSO does vector drawing with smart objects. Really useful indeed if you are at all intimidated by the Illustrator interface.

Also, think of Illustrator as a tool that print shops use.

I have a WACOM table to draw stuff, but I feel that I get better quality drawings by first sketching on paper and then scaning at high-contrast...then importing into flash to trace the lines into a vector object.

tonyrocks, Oct 20, 2006 IP