1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

London 2012 Olympic - anyone making money from it?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by mrmartingale, Jul 31, 2012.

The Olympics is a great event. So Is anyone making money from the Olympics in any way? I got this idea really late and have defintely missed any chance. In my opinion people who are making money right now from the Olympics have started preparing a long time ago like 6-12 months ago. This is just my personal opinion.
    So are you making money from the Olympics? And do you think its too late to start something right now?

mrmartingale, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  2. dJpArx

dJpArx Peon

Best Answers:
    Just make a small blog and keep updating news and promote some sports products from some affiliate program.

dJpArx, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  3. Kianu42

Kianu42 Member

Best Answers:
    You probably have heard that, unless you're an official sponsor, you can't use the official symbols, etc.
    But, yes, a lot of people are making money off the Olympics. For example, these guys he-he

Kianu42, Jul 31, 2012 IP
  4. TheDuke2011

TheDuke2011 Member

Best Answers:
    Yeah, it's called sport betting. People make millions on the Olympics every year!

TheDuke2011, Aug 1, 2012 IP
  5. adbash

adbash Active Member

Best Answers:
    Olympic marketing police watch for someone who want to use theirs trademark. In one way they have right but in another it's annoying because some situations are curious.

adbash, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  6. globeinnov

globeinnov Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I wanted to create a blog abt it but just like u, Im late for the party. It will be hard for me to rank on profitable keywords.

globeinnov, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  7. MobileInternet

MobileInternet Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm selling iPhone cases and other small souvenirs on ebay with the Union jack (UK Flag) image.

MobileInternet, Aug 2, 2012 IP
  8. MrBeLu

MrBeLu Member

Best Answers:
    I was thinking of creating a blog where I would embed live feeds of the games. With some SEO and commenting or even yahoo answers you could get a lot of traffic. I think this is one of the best things to do because it has future value. If you make a blog and update results of games, the blog is over after Olympics ends, off-course you could still get some traffic by seo if someone looks for "winner of 100m run london olympics", but dont think much people would search that after Olympics. With live video feed site you can keep posting live feeds of other games, and the people that use your site during olympics will come back for other events.

I had this idea a month or two before olympics, but didnt fell like doing it, I fellt like I have already missed Euro2012 and needed more time to do proper SEO. Also it seems hard to monetize such a site.

MrBeLu, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  9. dedifrance.com

dedifrance.com Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    A friend of mine is promoting clickbank on latest news from London 2012 and have converted quite a few of offers. But he started his website 4 months ago so i think bus has already left the stand.

dedifrance.com, Aug 4, 2012 IP
  10. Mr.Dog

Mr.Dog Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think it's too late indeed, the events will end in about 1 week and you won't be able to design+create content+advertise+create momentum...

Mr.Dog, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  11. latnemele

latnemele Member

Best Answers:
    It's not too late I started a website yesterday promoting services that help people find their lost iphones/cameras and laptops at the Olympics and I have good results so far.

latnemele, Aug 6, 2012 IP
  12. shoaib01

shoaib01 Peon

Best Answers:
    London Olympic is a great entertainment media in the world. there are many players participate in the Olympic games. At present China is thee top position in the London Olympic games. China earns 30 golds maddens. The USA earns 28 golds maddens at the same time.

shoaib01, Aug 7, 2012 IP