1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Lookin for help with multiple domains in a single hosting account ...

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Merk13, Feb 20, 2008.

I am a total noob at all of this but I managed to get my first site up and running a couple weeks back. Now I want to mess around with a new site. So I have a hosting account that allows multiple domains and I have a new URL for the new site. The question is my knowledge tops out with putting the site files in the public_html folder ... what do I do when I need 2 public_html folders ? Anyone have access to a noob guide to redirects and multiple domain hostings ?

Merk13, Feb 20, 2008 IP
  2. shallowink

shallowink Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Key phrase is "add on domains". The process differs based on which webhost you use and which hosting software they run. CPanel is pretty much automated, go to Domains, AddOn Domains. It will handle it for you. If you use GoDaddy, you will have to create a sub-folder for the domain and jump through a few hoops. There should be only one public_html folder(for the main domain of the account); any other domains added will be placed in a sub-folder with the name of the domain.

shallowink, Feb 20, 2008 IP