1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a few good men (and women)

Discussion in 'General Chat' started by joeychgo, Dec 22, 2004.

Looking for a few good men (and women)

I am looking for a few people who are knowlegable with SEO -AND- run a Vbulletin forum for a project im working on.

Please PM me here.

joeychgo, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  2. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    I am looking for a few good looking women all the time, Nikki Cox, Julia Roberts, Elle MacPherson, please contact me after you join Digital Point.

PS: Joey, how much does the job pay?

anthonycea, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  3. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    -0-

:)

4. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    Well, you have to tell a bit more about the project; do we get an office, a good looking young secretary, company car, hotel fee and food?

What is the description of the project, you have to tell more than you are right now.

Is it going to be another webmaster forum?

5. T0PS3O

T0PS3O Feel Good PLC

Best Answers:
    Why not disclose a bit more info. I can't imagine anyone running warm for this message...

Sell your idea a bit more and you might get more interest. It sounds a bit like 'Hey come give me hand, I need something done but I aint telling you what...'

Excite and entice us...

T0PS3O, Dec 22, 2004 IP
  6. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    But - doesnt the mystery add a lil something?

I am starting a forum & article site for admins & moderators of VBulletin forums.

The basic concept is a forum where VBulletin admins can come, learn about and discuss everything from how to choose a host, how to hack the forum for SEO, how to manage their community, how to promote, how to make a few bucks in the process, etc.

Right now - I am looking for article content and help setting things up. Soon I am going to make private invitations to 20-30 people (from various sources) to start generating forum content. Then fully launch - probably around 01-15-05

Basically, Im looking for a few people now to contribute article content, help me set the thing up - and basically get everything going. I dont know how yet - but there will be some incentives for those who help.

7. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    There are already forums for Jelsoft forums, how is yours going to be different?

http://www.vbulletin.com/forum/

Do I still get the good looking secretary?

8. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    There are also about 10,000 SEO Sites, directories and what not, but people keep making more.

VB's forum is ONLY for support of the basic product. vb.org is for hacks. and TheAdminZone is for ALL forums -

Neither really focus on how to promote, seo or generate revenue with a VB forum, which is what I want to do. Focus on these things as they pertain to a VB forum site.

There is little adsense discussion on these sites, and little to no SEO discussion - and the one that is closest to what I want to do, theadminzone, has turned quite a few admins off by being cliquish.

Oh, and feel free to take any secretary out of the pool you desire anthony.

9. anthonycea

anthonycea Banned

Best Answers:
    It does take a lot of time and effort to get a forum going and to maintain it, I don't think there are many out there like Shawn that have the knowledge and the ENERGY to do it right.

But I do wish you all the luck in the world and I am sure the members of Digital Point will support you and many will join also.

Just keep us posted, I am sure that you need to find folks like Shawn that are already running forums using the software or they will not be good folks to help you.

Good luck, maybe the best place to look are on the VB forums, are you a member there?

10. joeychgo

joeychgo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Yes - i a member on all of them - and basically what I found missing when I first started my forum - is what im looking to build. Most on the VB forums dont seem to know much if anything about the stuff we talk about here.