1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a Groups / Mailing List Type CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by kderentz, Jun 17, 2011.

Hey guys I have an idea for a site but not sure how to go about it. I really would like to use some type of CMS instead of having to have it coded from scratch and was hoping maybe someone here can point me in the right direction.

Basically the site is simple. Two types of user groups. Group A selects a category and fills out a form that is then sent to Group B. Group B selects what categories they want to subscribe too, and based on these subscriptions they receive the e-mails from group A. Ideally I would like to charge group B for the access, as well as not let them see what other members are subscribed to the category.

Any feedback would be much appreciated.

Cheers!

Last edited: Jun 17, 2011
    kderentz, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  2. kalseo

kalseo Active Member

Best Answers:
    I think PHP List can do the job, it is open source, but it is very basic. Interspire Email Marketer is a better choice and it is not very pricey

kalseo, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  3. Nigel Lew

Nigel Lew Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Correct, phplist is clearly the fastest and cleanest way to tackle that and its pretty easy to deploy.

Nigel

Nigel Lew, Jun 17, 2011 IP
  4. kderentz

kderentz Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Thanks guys .... I looked at PHPList prior but I didnt see a way to add a form on the front end of the site where it e-mails people subscribed to the lists. I guess I could make a form that sends the info to me directly and then I send it out to the users on the recommended list but I was really hoping to automate it.

kderentz, Jun 19, 2011 IP