1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a knowledge base web application

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by hextraordinary, Feb 2, 2010.

Hey everyone,

I'm looking for a knowledge base web application to be installed in the intranet. It should hold a magnitude of issues and solutions and other related information. I should be able to create my own custom fields/categories/tags according to the type of issues it holds, etc.

Thank you,
    H.

hextraordinary, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  2. kfawcett

kfawcett Peon

Best Answers:
    Are you looking for an open source or commercial application? What do you mean by installed on the intranet? What are you trying to install it on?

kfawcett, Feb 2, 2010 IP
  3. hextraordinary

hextraordinary Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    For now I'm looking for an open source/free solution.

And I mean it should be a web based solution installed on a webserver with mysql/oracle back-end.

hextraordinary, Feb 3, 2010 IP
  4. kfawcett

kfawcett Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry I should of been more clear. Do you already use another system for your intranet (SharePoint, hyperoffice, etc)? I guessing you don't, but wanted to clarify.

There are many open source systems out there. Here are a few good ones to look into:

TWiki - A lot more than just a wiki. Can be used for your whole intranet. It has a thriving community and many free plug-ins and add-ons are available.

MindTouch - Another enterprise solution like twiki, they have a basic free open source version called MindTouch Core found here: http://www.mindtouch.com/products/download

TikiWiki

SMW+

Foswiki

Dokuwiki - Very basic wiki

XWiki

kfawcett, Feb 3, 2010 IP