1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for a way to manage my downloads +rate/review

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by pjk, Dec 16, 2006.

Hello,
    I am working on putting together a site with a bunch of downloads. I'd like be able to add programs fairly easy, and have the downloads show up on my pages, on different pages based on category, etc. If possible, I'd like a place for guests to be able to rate and review (I'd like to be able to moderate these for cases where people spam). Is there something that I can use free to accomplish this? I am using a Joomla site right now, and can use PHP, mySQL, etc. I was looking at some extensions, and none of them that I saw did what I described above. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks
    Patrick

P.S. I like how freewarefiles[dot]com has their setup. It looks like that can add relatively easy, etc. How did they do their like that? Thanks again

pjk, Dec 16, 2006 IP
  2. mindiam1

mindiam1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    DOcman doesnt do this?

mindiam1, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  3. pjk

pjk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I tried DocMan, but I couldnt figure out how to make it work. Couldn't find any directions anywhere.

pjk, Dec 17, 2006 IP
  4. modcase

modcase Peon

Best Answers:
    If the download site is standalone I usually like to go with olate but in this case since your already using Joomla I would suggest ReMOSitory. (sorry I can't seem to provide "live links")

modcase, Dec 19, 2006 IP
  5. pjk

pjk Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Excellent, thank you.

pjk, Dec 19, 2006 IP