1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for an eBay mentor. I have the basics down. Wanting to make more money.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Mysticwonton, Nov 20, 2011.

Hello, I'm in search of an eBay mentor. From someone who either sells on eBay for a living or part time but has the knowledge to go full time. Or someone who owns a wholesale company or who thinks they could mentor me to make more money. I have eBay basics down. I have 127 feedback rating all 100% positive. I've made over $6000 in sales, probably $1800 profit.

I'm needing help finding things to sell on a larger scale and I don't know what else otherwise I'd be doing it.
    I'd like a mentor to help me along. Every product you recommend to me that I sell well, I will give you 25% of the profit, and I will do all the work, ordering, selling, accounting, EVERYTHING. You get free money for mentoring and coaching me. Any words of advice or serious replies are appreciated. Thanks.

Mysticwonton, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  2. Mysticwonton

Mysticwonton Peon

Best Answers:
    Nobody has words of advice?

Mysticwonton, Nov 20, 2011 IP
  3. jack2230

jack2230 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I will give you some help. I'm new here but an experienced eBay seller and make a steady income online. If you have any questions or need further information PM me or better still reply to this thread so the whole community can benefit.

1. Based on the information you have provided it doesn't seem like your mark-ups and therefore profits match your revenue. If I earn $6000 I would expect at least $3000+ to be profit especially on some of my niche products. I think this is where you need some help and that is simply increasing your profits but not necessarily increasing you revenue. This can be done by finding Niche products with better profit margins. On some of my products I have mark-ups anywhere from 50%-1300% and that's not a spelling mistake I have made sales that have had 1300% mark-ups.

2. ​ Continuing on from the first point is something that I don't think many sellers take advantage of and that is Auctions. The sales which have made me the most money and have provided the 1300% mark-ups were mostly auctions and all of them where starting at really rock-bottom prices. E.g. $0.99. Their are a number of reasons auctions can improve the end sales figure and they are usually cheaper to start when it comes to the fees etc. than Buy It Now listings. So to conclude the second point, try to incorporate Auctions into your selling routine as they can unlock a lot of new opportunities and dramatically increase both revenue and profit.

jack2230, Nov 22, 2011 IP