1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for an ebook-type CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Brian Kim, May 23, 2006.

Hi everyone,

I am looking into setting up a website that will consist of writings in chapter formats. (chapter 1.1, 1.2 ... 3). I cannot seem to find a CMS that is able to suit these needs. I need to find a CMS that will make user navigation through my chapters easy. I looked into blogging softwares and article scripts but they do not organize the articles in chapter format but rather by date/time.

I am looking for a CMS where one can browse through chapters and subchapters and have a hyperlink on the bottom that leads to the previous subchapter or next. Also, it needs to have a navigation panel on the left somewhere along the lines like:

+ Subject A
    + Subject B
    + Subject C

User clicks on Subject B:

+ Subject A
    - Subject B
    **** + Chapter 1
    **** + Chapter 2
    **** + Chapter 3
    + Subject C

Is there a CMS that can do this? Thanks in advance for the help!

Brian Kim, May 23, 2006 IP
  2. sagetips

sagetips Peon

Best Answers:
    I would think Wordpress blogging software could meet your needs with a little work and help from plugins. I use a plugin called in-series to provide a listing of related links at the end of post. Like here (at bottom):

Wordpress is remarkably flexible (and free). I wouldn't give up on it too soon. You might want to try posting at their help forum to see if anyone's done what you're trying.

sagetips, May 23, 2006 IP