1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for CMS suggestions for a multisite network

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by kingfish, Aug 19, 2007.

I'm trying to put together a multi site (several domains or at least subdomains) network for various games. I'm looking for a CMS system that can support this. I'd like to have a forum on a main site where users can comment and such, I'd also like for them to be able to sign up on any of the site and the same username is used across them all. I'd also like each site to be able to have a seperate template.

I also hopefully would find a CMS that has a addon where users can upload files or contribute youtube videos and then others users can download or view them then rate and comment about them. Also if it was easy to make mods for that would be excellent as well.

If anyone knows a good CMS for this I'd appreciate it thank you!

kingfish, Aug 19, 2007 IP
  2. kingfish

kingfish Peon

Best Answers:
    No one has any ideas? I'd really like to get work done on this and respect your opinions very much Thanks!

kingfish, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  3. greatness008

greatness008 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    joomla should work for u

greatness008, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  4. crockett5

crockett5 Peon

Best Answers:
    I've been playing with MODx the last few days, because I'm not happy how Joomla handled the whole 3rd Party developer situation.

The community isn't as strong with MODx, but IMO the CMS is a lot better than Joomla and isn't as bloated. It doesn't support multi sites at this moment but neither does Joomla. According to the developers of MODx multi site support will be in a future updates (not sure how far off).

Anyway check it out.. http://www.modxcms.com

crockett5, Aug 20, 2007 IP
  5. mok123

mok123 Peon

Best Answers:
    mok123, Aug 22, 2007 IP
  6. MightyMann

MightyMann Peon

Best Answers:
    Drupal Does support multi Site out of the Box. You need to be good in all programming lingo or get some good help.

MightyMann, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  7. Suri.CMS

Suri.CMS Peon

Best Answers:
    I think DRUPAL supports multi-site functionality !! Did you happen to check that ?

Suri.CMS, Dec 1, 2007 IP
  8. ngcoders

ngcoders Active Member

Best Answers:
    Of all the ones i have used , Drupal will fit your bill. With ability to share tables across sites and database based sessions it has what you want.

Joomla wont cut it out of the box.

ngcoders, Dec 2, 2007 IP