1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for logo design

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by babar, Jan 26, 2007.

I am in the process of creating a logo for my new business, and I am looking for some advice on logo design. For instance, can a simple design work as a good logo? I don’t want to spend a lot of money on my logo, but I want it to really brand my company and show the world our character.

babar, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  2. Jonathan Hue

Jonathan Hue Peon

Best Answers:
    Your logo can successfully convey the character and nature of your business to its viewers. It brands your company, and it conveys the company’s attitude. Since you are an expert in whatever fields your company services, you may think you can design your own logo. But, it’s not that easy!!

Why? because there are a host of factors to consider before designing a logo. There are many logo design companies that can design a logo for you. The logo design firm will conduct market research about the different types of logos used in your industry by your competitors. Based on that, they will show you several potential logos that they can customize for you. Make sure you send them your corporate colors. For example, check out logo design guru. I love their portfolio, quick generation and above all, the price tag, which is definitely cheap.

It is definitely beneficial to buy a professional logo that you will keep for the life of your company, rather than to use an amateur design just to save a few dollars.

Need feed on this pls :)

Jonathan Hue, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  3. anamul

anamul Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I am sending u a PM. There is two kind of design Vectore and Raster...For Raster Photoshop is king.

Let me know.

anamul, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  4. Deano

Deano Sail away with me.

Best Answers:
    Deano, Jan 26, 2007 IP
  5. logodesignteam

logodesignteam Peon

Best Answers:
    If you can send details of your requirement via PM may be I can help with this ...

logodesignteam, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  6. jbladeus

jbladeus Peon

Best Answers:
    I am not soliciting my services here but frankly speaking, if you are serious about your business and want a brand which is recognizable in the future, then you should get a professional to develop you a logo design which would stand the test of time. If you can't afford an offline design firm, then there are many online design firms which develop a logo for you at quite affordable prices.

Its definitely an investment which pays itself off.

jbladeus, Jan 28, 2007 IP
  7. pixelPruner.com

pixelPruner.com Peon

Best Answers:
    i can help with the "dont want to spend a lot of money". Depending on what you want I can probably whip something up in a couple of hours. And I'm good :) ...PM me.

pixelPruner.com, Jan 29, 2007 IP
  8. fuse-box

fuse-box Peon

Best Answers:
    try getting some ideas from these logos, and design one...it fairly easy to design them...

good luck :)

fuse-box, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  9. YianG

YianG Peon

Best Answers:
    I want to be honest here, but try not to get too serious with your logo. Don't worry too much about how the logo represent your company or how it relates to your company. As long as your logo has something strong and leaves an impression, it will do fine.

Just look at H&R Block (a green square), Microsoft (says Microsoft), and Apple (an apple has nothing to do with computers), they all choose something that is simple and easy to remember. The more complicated your logo is, the more generic it will look.

YianG, Jan 30, 2007 IP
  10. hawksdomain

hawksdomain Active Member

Best Answers:
    I feel as long as your logo signifies what your company is and isn't too over the top - a basic design is fine.

hawksdomain, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  11. sekwel

sekwel Banned

Best Answers:
    Try to keep it simple, do not use so many colors, I can make it for you if you need help. PM for info.

sekwel, Jan 31, 2007 IP
  12. NICKY Nitro

NICKY Nitro Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    In addition to all mentioned before (with strong accent on simplicity ;)), I would point out something more - mind the colour of your logo :p Colours do matter and the choice of colour really depends on what idea you wish to convey. An example: young companies, just coming onto the market tend to choose warm but still aggressive colours (like red, orange, etc.), because they are to expand and at the same time they need to attract customers. So, my piece of advice - think over the colour of your logo and think it very carefully ;)

NICKY Nitro, Feb 1, 2007 IP
  13. gringo

gringo Peon

Best Answers:
    dont under estimate the power of branding. Getting your logo correct and nailed should be high on your list. The sad thing is, is every one so far is correct, Some people can spen 10000s to get a logo nailed and suitable for a product launch and some people can sketch an apple or a swish in seconds !! big companies such as saatchi and thebrandingiron.co.uk and pure media etc etc they make BIG bucks from providing cutting edge relevent graphics to suit the client and are in constant high demand. Just to get an evaluation from them can be worth while - even if you dont use their services

gringo, Feb 2, 2007 IP