1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for Secure and Simple CMS

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by ck101, May 2, 2010.

Recently had a bad experience with Wordpress on security front. I had to resort back to good old HTML with absolute minimum use of JS temporarily. I had to get LAMP re-installed to make a clean re-start on a dedicated server.

While HTML is simple with minimum security holes (when done correctly) it's a step backward. I'm looking for a CMS with security and simplicity high on agenda. I like to use it for general blog style news etc site. Nothing special. It could even be without use of database as long as it takes away the pain of manual categorization and archiving away when using just HTML.

I don't like Joomla, Drupal type CMS as I found them not easy to use and maintain. Any suggestions...?

ck101, May 2, 2010 IP
  2. extremephp

extremephp Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, Install Wordpress again, I will manage your site from the server side...! You wont face any problems again.. i can guarentie that..!

I can backup and check the security holes and backdoors for you..!

waiting to talk to you soon..!

extremephp, May 2, 2010 IP
  3. hotpop

hotpop Peon

Best Answers:
    CMS Made Simple is a good option. Just like its name, simple and easy to use .

hotpop, May 3, 2010 IP
  4. ck101

ck101 Peon

Best Answers:
    Thanks for your replies.

Somehow, I don't feel comfortable going back to WP.

I had a look CMS made simple but it's overkill for my needs. With all those features there bound to be possible security issues with it.

I just come a cross to PmWiki. It looks quite promising. Is anybody using this wiki? If so what's like your experience with PmWiki so far?

Last edited: May 3, 2010
    ck101, May 3, 2010 IP
  5. invisibler

invisibler Member

Best Answers:
    wordpress is secure on a secure host, and unsecure on an unsecure host.

invisibler, May 3, 2010 IP
  6. webpig

webpig Peon

Best Answers:
    CMSimple is recommended for sites with text contents less than 2 MB - This is about 1000 pages of text (about 2,000 characters per page).No database is needed as the entire site contents are stored in a single HTML-file. Maybe you can try CMSimple

webpig, May 6, 2010 IP
  7. solidstone

solidstone Peon

Best Answers:
    Find out the best open source available in all languages: http://www.findbestopensource.com/tagged/content-management-system

You pick any CMS and learn it. Intiall stage you may feel that you require very less feature but slowly you may require more features like forum, Advertise management, Polls etc. Pick any CMS based on the language (Java/NET/PHP/Python/Ruby) you comfortable with and start learning it.

solidstone, May 6, 2010 IP