1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for shopping cart without prices or ordering option

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by cylet, Mar 27, 2008.

I need a content management system that I can showcase my bridal rental products online (to the local community). I do not want to add a purchase option or list prices. Does anyone know of any program (that I do not have to pay monthly for) either for sale or free that I can incorporate into a new website I am designing. I am not a professional but know some code.

I can really use it ASAP! Thank you so much in advance!

cylet, Mar 27, 2008 IP
  2. danparks

danparks Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I can't think of an existing CMS that is so limited. There are many that can do that, but they have a lot of other features. You could use one of those, and then you could just turn off the unneeded features (such as pricing, shopping cart, etc). But you'd have to pay some monthly fee for one of those.

You say you "know some code." Do you know enough to create a very minimal database (just a table or two to hold dress data) and enough code to write a web page that gets all the dress info from the database and loops through that data, writing it out (and displaying any pictures) to the web page?

danparks, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  3. CssWebsite

CssWebsite Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can try Joomla and the Virtuemart component. Virtuemart is a shopping cart application but you can turn off the prices and use the catalog just as a product showcase.

CssWebsite, Mar 29, 2008 IP