1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for some site/redirect/subdomain help here ...

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Merk13, Mar 28, 2008.

So I have downloaded a bunch of ready made adsense sites that I want to try out. Here is the problem, I cant figure out how to use redirects and subdomains properly :rolleyes: I want to put a series of mini sites up under one domain ...

www.mydomain.com/site1
    www.mydomain.com/site2
    www.mydomain.com/site3

You get the idea. Anyone point me to a how to for this kind of setup ? Just looking for where to put the files whether its a redirect or a subdomain I need ... that kind of thing.

Oh and the "mydomain" part is actually an add-on domain in my hosting account under my main domain, if that helps understand and explain what I am doing :confused:

Merk13, Mar 28, 2008 IP
  2. Fedorpheux

Fedorpheux Active Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you just upload them each into separate folders (named site1, site2, etc) within the base folder for mydomain.com? Does that somehow not solve the problem?

Fedorpheux, Mar 29, 2008 IP
  3. Merk13

Merk13 Peon

Best Answers:
    Merk13, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  4. kodut

kodut Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    go to your cpanel in your hosting account , then click on parked domain and set the parameters and you are done
    let me know if it doesn't work i have more options

kodut, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  5. Merk13

Merk13 Peon

Best Answers:
    I dont think this will work as I dont have a different domain for each site. I want to arrange all the domains (close to 40) under one main domain but each as its own separate site.

Merk13, Mar 30, 2008 IP
  6. fabriciogr

fabriciogr Active Member

Best Answers:
    i'm not really sure if i'm completely following you today.. i'm seeming to have an off day today (my brain is shutting down)

anyhow i'll try to explain how to get addon-domains working on cpanel.. assuming you have Cpanel AND your hosting allows you to host multiple domains.

1. simply go to your cpanel home and under add-on domains add the name for this new domain. a username and pass is required put something in there and write it down for later reference.

2. now you have added a new domain to your server.. and assuming you already had changed DNS records you can now access your new domain.
    Now the way cpanel sets up the add-on domains you'll be able to access them like this.

www.newdomainhere.com

newdomainhere.originaldomain.com

www.originaldomina.com/newdomain

Reason being you can access it this way:

www.originaldomina.com/newdomain

is that CPANEL adds all new add-on domains as a folder beneath your main account...

As i said not completely sure if this what u wanted... can't really make out ur post.. another way to redirect is via SSH with a 301 redirect.. if that's what ur rather interested in let me know.

fabriciogr, Mar 31, 2008 IP