1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for the best Instagram content strategy

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by altar, Oct 17, 2016.

Hi all,

I make jewelry, I am planning to start Instagramming and want to make sure that I have the right content strategy, so I thought that I'd ask you guys for advice.

If I were a ski brand, I guess I shouldn't just keep posting pictures of my skis, but rather pictures that convey the mountain sports lifestyle, right? People who are passionate about skiing will never get bored of seeing great photos around the themes of mountains
    In my case, there is no such universe associated with the product. I can't imagine people wanting to watch pictures of jewelry every single day, and even though there are some nice pictures to be taken about what's around (the making, photo shoots, etc) it would also get boring pretty fast. Plus it would feel like I'm constantly trying to advertise and people hate that.

However I was thinking that there might be another way for me to reach out. I've noticed that quote boards seem to be very successful. So I was thinking of making text-based jewelry like the that piece I made below, and try to infiltrate quote boards like that. Because I figured that I get featured on one of these big quote boards I would get a lot of views, would I not?

If some experienced instagrammers could let me know their thoughts on this strategy, I'd be most grateful. Thanks.

[​IMG]

altar, Oct 17, 2016 IP
  2. Arun Kumar Soni

Arun Kumar Soni Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Build Content Themes
    Determine Types of Content & Ratio
    Set a Content Calendar, But Be Flexible
    Consider Curating User-Generated Content

Arun Kumar Soni, Oct 24, 2016 IP
  3. JamesONeill

JamesONeill Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Firstly, I like the idea of your text based jewellery. However, I certainly wouldn't only rely on that approach.

In terms of content, most brands do 2 big things which seems to work well:
    (1) posting photos of their product in context. Yes, pictures of jewellery would get boring, but pictures of women / men wearing the jewellery in a nice places which has context would work really well. E.g. if you had an item that was a "fall" seasonal item (maybe it features some deep reds), a picture of a woman wearing this whilst in a wooded area would work really well. This doesn't get boring. Or at least, not as easily!
    (2) getting customers to send in submissions - people like to see a brand put into a personal perspective, so getting pictures of your customers wearing these items provides you with great content and shows that your brand is actually popular. Get them to tag you in the photo, repost the good ones (maybe one a week, on a certain day) and provide the "winner" with a discount code in return?

How are you currently promoting your Instagram page? Are you using an automation service? I run SocialGrow.io where we help people to grow their Instagram page with our intelligent engagement algorithms. Check us out if you want: https://socialgrow.io

Hope this all helps! Have a great day.

JamesONeill, Oct 25, 2016 IP