1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for ultra-lightweight blog that supports posting from RSS feeds...

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by scriptman, Aug 11, 2007.

I'm looking to integrate... I hate to call it a Splog... but I wish to grab content from some other particular websites (With full linkbacks of course) as an addon to my website, which largely revolves around a forum. I want to bring in some reading material for them but keep it external to the forum.

Can anyone make a suggestion for a very light platform that can be easily integrated into a current website, and that supports scraping & posting from RSS feeds?

Any help appreciated. I am currently testing Wordpress but it is too heavy and too hard to integrate for my needs.

Help appreciated.

scriptman, Aug 11, 2007 IP
  2. scriptman

scriptman Peon

Best Answers:
    Bumping this for more ideas! Know a lightweight blog system that supports posting from RSS feeds?

scriptman, Aug 11, 2007 IP
  3. Kennedy

Kennedy Peon

Best Answers:
    I'm thinking of creating a site that handles this for a small monthly fee. But I'm not sure how many people would use it.

The base is done, I just need to work on the login stuffs. If you're interested, I can email you when its done. It'll probably only be about 4/5 dollars per month to pull RSS content onto any blogging platform you want. All handled automatically for you without even asking for your login and personal information. Interested?

Kennedy, Aug 12, 2007 IP
  4. scriptman

scriptman Peon

Best Answers:
    Sorry Kennedy, I don't feel this system really needs the power or dependencies of an external server. I'm considering just writing my own implementation using flat files and Magpie. Thanks for the offer though.

scriptman, Aug 12, 2007 IP