1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking for your personal advice on a multi-million dollar profit project

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Laceygirl, Mar 31, 2011.

1. SabTech

SabTech Member

Best Answers:
    Haha :D
    Alexa top 50, my dream too :)
    In your place I would do it...Btw, facebook was bought for $200000 In 2005 as for others i never knew, thanks for telling me :)

USA has got the biggest brains of the world, it won't be tough...Forget USA... In Dp, you can find this person ;) Maybe me? Jk rofl...

I would really start finding the right persons NOW if i was in your situation...Really, in your place, I would have lost my sleep with this idea in mind...Don't miss your chance, you never know when someone can have a same idea or you never know if it is already in the making

Last edited: Apr 1, 2011
    SabTech, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  2. Wulkanen

Wulkanen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Same here, I have had some ideas before that kept me up at nights thinking. And the only way to get rid of it was either to
    fullfill them or keep myself so busy at the day that I totally forgot about them since I was thinking about other things. xD

I would love to help, but I don't have any coding experience or things like that lol, so it seems like
    my help would be useless to you.

Wulkanen, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  3. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    I liked your replies. I think that you should not be a child or a stupid person. Most probably you have a really good business plan. But I guess you can't find a good advice here or anywhere else. I think you are a clever person and you can find a solution only by yourself.

makeit easy, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  4. SabTech

SabTech Member

Best Answers:
    She is really clever... :D Adsense guru, multi-million idea, if that's not intelligence, i wonder what it's called...

SabTech, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  5. makeit easy

makeit easy Active Member

Best Answers:
    Oh I was assuming he(she) was a man. I didn't read its username (laceyGIRL) and I have selected "not to show avatars" in my forum acc. settings. Now I am impressed 2 times more than before by seeing such business minded ladies.

makeit easy, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  6. Wulkanen

Best Answers:
    Even though, you can not be 100% sure that he/she actually is a female in real life. =)

Wulkanen, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  7. SabTech

SabTech Member

Best Answers:
    we can't know xD

SabTech, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  8. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    \
    Well, it has been debated considering my hus. is linked to some of my websites and my personality, but don't worry about it.

Laceygirl, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  9. Wulkanen

Best Answers:
    hus?
    As in Hemolytic-uremic syndrome (HUS), or husband?
    So you are a not a guy then? =)

Wulkanen, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  10. luigi777

luigi777 Active Member

Best Answers:
    What you can do is start up a small company and hire some people you personally selected. If you have them sign the right contracts you are pretty safe.
    I wouldn't hire people over the internet, that is too risky in this case.

What you also could do is work with a consultancy company. You will pay very high price but you will be very safe. These companys don't want any bad feedback. I'm taling about Mckinsey, Accenture,.. that kind of company's. The only problem could be your budget.

luigi777, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  11. adesalambrar

adesalambrar Peon

Best Answers:
    Pffffffffff!!! Thank you for that, you make me laugh so hard.

So, your BIG problem is that you are going to be rich but don't have the confidence to do it? F*** that!
    I say stop crying about it and TAKE ACTION!! Like, right now!!
    Men, I have spent too many nights awake trying to think of an idea that takes me out of my sh*tty job, so if you have the idea, make it happen.

Ok, so here is what you are going to do:

1- Check these videos, it will give you motivation to do it:

[video=youtube;EhqZ0RU95d4]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EhqZ0RU95d4[/video]

[video=youtube;BEYjvifUdeM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BEYjvifUdeM[/video]

2- TAKE ACTION. As simple as that! Stop watching Glee and work your a** to get your idea out there. Seek legal advise, get people that you can trust to work with, do it now, not later, not in a year, or someone may do it before you and you are going to regret it for the rest of your life.

Good luck, and let us know when the site is out there ;)

adesalambrar, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  12. Gadgets-4G

Gadgets-4G Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok I'm going to tell you what you already know because I am sure you have told yourself time and time again. If your idea is as you say, and I do not mean to imply that it is not yet it is hard to tell without particulars which you would be foolish to divulge. If your idea is sound, you must begin by building a bridge. There is a huge gap between your current situation and the situation that you must attain before you can go forward. You need another less elaborate less expensive idea to move you forward. The old saying goes you'll get no credit until such time as you have no need of it at which point the moneylenders are lined up outside your door.

You must find someone you can trust with both legal and business acumen. You will be sued if you are sucessful it is a fact and there is no way to avoid it. Once you strike it big they will come out of the woodwork with their briefcases and their C&D orders. You need a mentor, you need a lawyer and you need a bridge that will help you bridge the financial and technical gaps you now face.

The definition of bravery is the knowing that you can not handle the what is to come and yet work up the resolve to step forward and accept your fate.

Gadgets-4G, Apr 2, 2011 IP
  13. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    Take 8 hours to read "Think and Grow Rich" by Napoleon Hill (you can get it free as an eBook but I strongly suggest the paper copy) - as long as you think you have bad luck with life so you will. In fact you just reminded me I want to give it another read, haven't read it in a while but the first time I read it had HUGE impact.

Good luck to you :)

Seiya, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  14. JoeVlcek

JoeVlcek Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Is this something where people are wining cash? I only ask because of a reference to poker and you mentioning many people will talk about it.

Take it from me... If a business only works if it is big then don't do it. I started a project that needed a hundred thousand users to make a nice profit. Problem was the development took 6 months longer than expected and there were many issues in the beta launch that could not be worked out in time. I dumped over $500k into it before I decided to cut my losses. It was almost 2 years of hell that I wish I could take back.

Stick with a business that you can start small, has very low startup costs and be scaled up.

JoeVlcek, Apr 3, 2011 IP
  15. thefizboshow

thefizboshow Active Member

Best Answers:
    The best way to find someone you can trust to do the coding, is to find someone in school or just out of school that you can pay less (yet still qualified) and provide part ownership, if you and they believe it will make millions even a few percent can be helpful in keeping them quiet and happy. It's how business is conducted, if you share a percent of the business (officially by incorporate a company and providing shares etc.) then your success becomes their success.

thefizboshow, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  16. pdid2

pdid2 Peon

Best Answers:
    I have this exact problem... dont know where to start with an idea, whos looking to steal it, or if a bigger player will replicate the idea.. i sit on these ideas for so long and dont know how to start it..huge or small.. i think at one point im going to get frustrated and just try one, fail or not. if it works, it works, if not then your out of luck but theres rarely monopololistic markets out there. so even if you werent the leader in the market you could still have a decent size portion of it. in the end your idea is going to be the best idea if u can keep innovating it and creating new features. everybody wants the latest and best a market has to offer...
    of course facebook and google are number one in there respective markets but look at yahoo, bing, myspace etc. there still huge companies generating great profits.
    I say go for it, of course its way easier said than done
    ps..in the event u did become a smaller player in this (futuristic) market your creating..would u really be disappointed generating sayyyyy 10M/yr rather than 40?
    Good luck!

pdid2, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  17. Laceygirl

Laceygirl Notable Member

Best Answers:
    No, I'd be pumped to make $50,000 a year. Wouldn't matter. Just want to be part of something exciting and make a little more while I'm at it.

Laceygirl, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  18. r_han

r_han Peon

Best Answers:
    I think you need A Team,.. that you are as a Chairman,..you can't do it alone,.. than you need Marketing method , than execution on Plan schedule,..

r_han, Apr 5, 2011 IP
  19. xEEn

xEEn Peon

Best Answers:
    I think it's ironic how you underestimate yourself, Lacy...

You said you are not very confident with yourself... I really think the opposite; I mean look at your replies! YOU ROCK!

It's a brilliant personality you have and with a little bit of time management + hiring the perfect crew; you will be a Zuckeygirl!

xEEn, Apr 9, 2011 IP
    Woodcs82 likes this.
  20. forensics12

forensics12 Peon

Best Answers:
    I also do market research, and start off with a smaller buisness

forensics12, Apr 10, 2011 IP