1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking Forward to Start A Website , Please give your views

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Wp-Mod.Com, Sep 26, 2010.

well ,i am looking to start a website of my own where users can watch online movies and tv shows for free and will generate revenue via ads , well give your ideas , should i go through or look for something else to do on my website , i cannot think of any other ideas , please provide me some good concepts on what website should i make

Wp-Mod.Com, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  2. DianeBrandt

DianeBrandt Peon

Best Answers:
    Try taking some time to thinks about what exactly you want your website to be about. Nothing is wrong with what you've came up with so far. Revenue through ads would be good, but I would also consider using affiliate links as well.

DianeBrandt, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  3. Oke Timothy

Oke Timothy Peon

Best Answers:
    Basically, that project can viral if you use the right tools. I'll suggest you use social media hangouts like facebook and twitter.
    If you do it well, definitely traffic will not be the problem. You should shoot for that goal. But you must be ready to work hard for it.

Oke Timothy, Sep 26, 2010 IP
  4. ala101

ala101 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    be specific. Focus on a niche market. Do not behave like youtube because your business model is completely different than those big guys.
    Focus on 1 topic and make ur website one of the specialized video portals about it.

ala101, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  5. Alexctrls

Alexctrls Peon

Best Answers:
    Before building sites make sure you have a proper goal in your mind

a) Why are you building a site ?
    b) Are you looking for monetising ?
    c) Are you looking for Marketing ?
    d) Is the website so big that one need to hire some developers ? [Mostly some site owners have good ideas but dont know how to develop]
    e) Proper time line and cost assumption of maintaing the site?
    f) Research some good Hosting and domain names around?[I can offer you hosting very cheap this is called pure advertising]

This are the some questions which I would ask you hehe:)

Alexctrls, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  6. xpleet

xpleet Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I think movies and tv shows for free are against google adsense TOS

xpleet, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  7. Justin_Dupre

Justin_Dupre Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think its worth it.. too many out there on the internet with very little return. Maybe focus on a few popular TV show or news and go from there once you see which video generate you the most traffic and money.

Justin_Dupre, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  8. LisaPf

LisaPf Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Why compete against the big players? Find one thing that you can do better than anyone else and do that. Don't look for a niche or even a sub-niche. Look for a sub-sub-subniche. That's where you will find your best chance of having true success.

LisaPf, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  9. Alexctrls

Alexctrls Peon

Best Answers:
    Thats what a distinct idea should be needed for success

Alexctrls, Sep 27, 2010 IP
  10. suman817

suman817 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    If people want to watch online videos, their 1st choice would be YouTube, Metacafe...and so on. You cannot earn a tremendous amount from such website you're thinking about that actually has very few text content or information. You may consider developing your site on few such niches that can perform so well like, Fitness and Health, Online Dating, Online Games, Making Money Online.

suman817, Sep 27, 2010 IP