1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to convert from Joomla w/ Jomsocial to phpFox

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Seano84, Mar 17, 2010.

Please forgive me if this turns out to be a long post.

What I would like to do do is convert my site now: www.ghostsstory.com

from Joomla to phpFox. Joomla has worked somewhat well for me, but not without hacking A LOT of files to make A LOT of features/components/modules/plugins work as I need them too. However, with the addition of Jomsocial, more issues have arisen. Key features within Jomsocial/Joomla do not work as intended and I have tried to fix or get help from the Jomsocial forums for the Jomsocial issues(though as many know, Jomsocial customer service is absolutely horrible, and their software is released pretty broken.)

What I need with phpFox is of course a fully-functional, attractive, all-in-one(at least not having to hack a ton of stuff) social-network that allows for picture, video, audio and article submission(Ghost stories, as seen on ghostsstory.com story page, that link back to the authors profile). I seen that phpFox offers pretty much all the features I need, but does it allow for articles to be submitted and commented and voted on?

Most everyone enjoys the site now, however, I feel that it's lacking functionality and usability. So really, if you guys/ladies could, check out my site now and let me know if phpFox would work well for me? Or any other tips/suggestions you may have.

Seano84, Mar 17, 2010 IP
  2. JoeOFarrel

JoeOFarrel Member

Best Answers:
    Hi there.

PHPfox comes with a blogging feature, directlty integrated with Digg (great for viral traffic - especially for something like ghost stuff) so you could use the digg tool straight away to rate your posts, and enjoy an avalanche of traffic from digg at the same time...

JoeOFarrel, Mar 19, 2010 IP
  3. Seano84

Seano84 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Great thank you. I have went with phpFox and love it so far. :)

Seano84, Mar 20, 2010 IP
  4. mk484

mk484 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I'm in the same boat. If you don't mind me asking, how did you migrate your users from JomSocial to phpFox?

mk484, Sep 29, 2011 IP
  5. Somers

Somers Guest

Best Answers:
    I'm with JomSocial and loving it so far. How's your experience with phpfox so far?

Somers, Oct 16, 2011 IP