1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to hire a graphic designer, but first some questions.

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by SirPsychoSexy, Feb 9, 2007.

I need a header logo created for one of my sites. I would like to hire a designer to create one for me.

The problem is i'm very specific about the way I like things to look. (as i'm sure most people are) and I'm curious as to how the design process works as I work with the designer to come up with my logo. If the designer presents me with a design I don't like, what happens then?

Thanks for your time.

SirPsychoSexy, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  2. Jonathan Hue

Jonathan Hue Peon

Best Answers:
    hi SPS

Long story short...as i get the notion from you post...check out our uk logo designers ...

Thats it ... see of u can get any idea from our speedy portfolio ..

cya

Jonathan Hue, Feb 9, 2007 IP
  3. phacker

phacker Peon

Best Answers:
    The best way to proceed is to view a number of portfolios, choose a designer based on the designs exhibited in the portfolio. Most designers will work with you until a mutually acceptable design is developed.

phacker, Feb 11, 2007 IP
  4. ramakrishna p

ramakrishna p Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Every Graphic Designer can't create/produce output as per his/her client's requirement at his/her first attempt. Some clients will compromise with quality of work and accept whatever presented by Designer. Some clients immediately quit responding designer if the quality of work is not as expected by them. I suggest if particular features/colors are not reflected in graphics made my designers, do not change your designer. Call the designer on messanger and discuss with him what are the areas the design needs revamping. Treat Designer working for you as a friend and Iam sure you will get worthy output for the remuneration you pay.:)

ramakrishna p, Feb 11, 2007 IP
  5. Nine

Nine Guest

Best Answers:
    I can create a logo with upto 5 modifications for $50 :)

Nine, Feb 12, 2007 IP
  6. Influ

Influ Peon

Best Answers:
    as I have never got an unsatsified costumer , ill offer you this:
    I will design your logo , after you contact me , you can find my contacts at
    my site : arbbusiness.com under the "contact " section theres my msn etc...

and if you wont like the header , you dont have to pay.

if you want to accept my offer , contact me (contact details at my site)

and even if you will like the header , it will cost way LOWER than 50$ ...
    more like 8$ or 10$ :)

Influ, Feb 12, 2007 IP
  7. phacker

phacker Peon

Best Answers:
    Don't expect to pay a minimal price and receive the ultimate in a design. Be prepared to pay a fair wage for quality work.

phacker, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  8. phacker

phacker Peon

Best Answers:
    When working with a designer be as specific as you can be about your wants. Both of you need to be clear on expectations before you agree to a contract. For fifty dollars you can't expect much as far as revisions or research into your market. So if that's your budget be as specific as possible and state that payment is based on a mutally acceptable design. Most high scale designers will give your project a pass, unless your project outline is very specific or renumeration is based on hours generated.

phacker, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  9. AngelaR

AngelaR Guest

Best Answers:
    I have worked with a few people here on DP, check out my portfolio link in my sig, and let me know if you are interested. :)

AngelaR, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  10. themtkid

themtkid Banned

Best Answers:
    I can do this for u also u can pay after it is done

themtkid, Feb 13, 2007 IP
  11. DSEMedia

DSEMedia Guest

Best Answers:
    I agree here. Don't pay for it unless you're absolutely satisfied.

Also, don't be afraid to make suggestions. If you have a logo that's particularly inspiring to you, send it to the designer. Always communicate. If you don't like it, tell them.

DSEMedia, Feb 15, 2007 IP
  12. PokerDIY

PokerDIY Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Hi, Did you find a good designer? I am also in the market and finding it hard to do so - any tips would be appreciated!

PokerDIY, Feb 24, 2007 IP
  13. gringo

gringo Peon

Best Answers:
    any people need to hire a designer send me an im, ive been using photoshop for years

gringo, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  14. 8everything

8everything Peon

Best Answers:
    As a graphics designer, I know some clients are pick (not to state that as an insult, but it's good in a way! You get things done right). Anyways, if I present an idea and the client doesn't like it, I either make the modifications necessary or don't charge for the work that has been completed.

But honestly, the best way is to look at the designer's portfolio to get a sense of their style so both parties won't waste time..

8everything, Feb 25, 2007 IP
  15. Nosliw

Nosliw Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    As most other people who just advertised for themselves, i will do something different! I will advertise for myself AND answer your question xD

Well, as some people has posted, most designers (including me, gogo) will work with you until you are satisfied, however I don't think they will change their work unlimited number of times. I myself, will (for this small work) accept a few hours for around 15 bucks, and will give you a result you are satisfied with.

Most designers can also change small elements such as color, a detail having to be removed, and such, they are no obstacle for any experienced designer.

Hope this answers your question(s) :p

Nosliw, Feb 26, 2007 IP