1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

looking to make a new site

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by gsmdna.com, Jan 12, 2010.

hi... I m looking to make a new website, please can anyone suggest me a topic (niche) on which i can make a new website,
    And also which cms would be right fot this content.. :)

gsmdna.com, Jan 12, 2010 IP
  2. abhijit

abhijit Notable Member

Best Answers:
    make a website on get ex back.....................................and use wp..........................

abhijit, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  3. ms.g

ms.g Peon

Best Answers:
    Err... shouldn't you be the one who should do the niche researching part? You should sit down, grab your pen and notebook and begin brainstorming.

As for the CMS, you may use Wordpress, Drupal or Joomla.

ms.g, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  4. Jayr1021

Jayr1021 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would recommend using spruz.com

Jayr1021, Jan 13, 2010 IP
  5. jagadishthaker

jagadishthaker Peon

Best Answers:
    Hey,

it depends upon you, what kind of topic you would like to pick, the topic you choose should be interesting that people would like to come and post their views, ideas and share knowledge. most importantly you should have deep interest to write often for the selected topic.

well before that you should ask question to your self

does your intense to make money out of your site?
    do you want to spread, share knowledge with people on the web?
    do you want to promote particular, niche, domain or you want to contribute something?

I guess before starting any web site you should do pre home work about such things and plan your site.

as per my idea if you create "insurance", "real estate" domain sites, you can earn money quickly.

I would suggest to use wordpress, drupal or simple host your site to blogger.com

Thanks!

Last edited: Jan 14, 2010
    jagadishthaker, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  6. sippsin

sippsin Active Member

Best Answers:
    ha ha... thats funny. No offense, but I am hearing it for the first time. Are you doing some kind of reverse engineering?

Ideally a niche subject should make you think that you need to create a new site. Anyways, you do the part.

I shall suggest on CMS. Do you want to spend some money? If yes you can buy some package like vBulletin. It comes with Site pages, Forums etc.

Else for free:

Site: Joomla, Mambo, Drupal
    Forums: SMF, phpBB
    Wiki: MediaWiki
    Blog: b2Evolution

sippsin, Jan 14, 2010 IP
  7. diggathedog

diggathedog Peon

Best Answers:
    What are trying to achieve with the website - is it a way to get rich, or just a hobby? What interests you (cause it gets boring pretending to be interested in something after a while ... ever noticed that ;) ?

Do a little think about your goals first, then come back and ask some more detailed questions, to get more detailed answers. Sounds like you're just beginning, so some thinking time is on the cards.

Once you know what you want, then you'll be better positioned to choose a CMS/hosting solution and figure out exactly what you need. Different strokes yada yada .. it's true. No all-in-one solution is THE best fit for everyone (and no, I'm not even going to say except ours, because that's not true - I can't see Microsoft migrating to us ... :).

diggathedog, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  8. christyzen

christyzen Peon

Best Answers:
    You can create your own article directory and you will be the moderator to your site. Good articles automatically grab more visitors to your site. It is not much tough that you can use AJ article directory script to make your own article directory. First you can have demo of Aj Article directory script. Good luck.

christyzen, Jan 15, 2010 IP
  9. itzball

itzball Member

Best Answers:
    Get into the Online Bookstore. I know of a cheap management software that is cheap. You can have people sell books on your site and you take small commisions.

itzball, Jan 16, 2010 IP
  10. BW1

BW1 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Why don't you go check out the buy/sell website section and a cheap one there.

BW1, Jan 18, 2010 IP
  11. tech_savvy

tech_savvy Peon

Best Answers:
    topic for your web site is purely an individual driven aspect. am sure you could and have recd a lot of suggestions, which you would have to sift through and arrive at yuor final decision.

tech_savvy, Jan 26, 2010 IP
  12. Makow

Makow Peon

Best Answers:
    You can choose a tail topic in health and fitness.

Makow, Jan 29, 2010 IP
  13. diggathedog

diggathedog Peon

Best Answers:
    Then again, "p*rn" is probably an under-exploited niche market ... ;)

diggathedog, Feb 1, 2010 IP