1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to offer equity share for new niche dating site. Good idea?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by DigitalMatt, Aug 19, 2013.

Hello,
    thanks for viewing my post.

I have recently launched Shikza.com, it is an extremely niche social and dating website geared towards jewish and non-jewish individuals meeting.

I have seen a a lot of potential for this project, however doing everything alone it has been hard for me to get it off the ground. I am looking to build a small partnership or team to bring it to the next level.

I don't have the budget at the moment to hire anyone, so I assumed offering equity was the best approach, however it has been hard to find anyone trust worthy. Does anyone have any advice on how to progress a young website and attract interested partners?

Thanks for your time!

DigitalMatt, Aug 19, 2013 IP
    DomainMagnate likes this.
  2. Michael Levanduski

Michael Levanduski Active Member

Best Answers:
    I would really try to save up and hire someone rather than partnering. If you get a partner you're not only giving up a percentage of the income, but also the control. I've done it before and it is far more trouble than it is worth in most cases.

Michael

Michael Levanduski, Aug 20, 2013 IP
  3. bluewaveseo

bluewaveseo Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    I agree with the above. DO NOT BRING IN PARTNERS! get creative and find a way to raise the funds to hire
    someone. might be difficult but will be worth it in the long run.

bluewaveseo, Aug 22, 2013 IP