1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to start small clothing company. Ideas?

Discussion in 'General Business' started by madhattr, Oct 9, 2012.

I am looking at starting a small clothing company. I am just starting out. I have somewhat of an idea of what I'm looking for. Here is an example of the style: BloodLineVneckBack_original.jpg BloodLineVneckFRONT_original.jpg BlueBack_original.jpg BlueFRONT_original.jpg KidsBack_original.jpg

I am looking to target MMA, gamers, and weapon enthusiasts. First off, I am looking for a brand name. I like the Headshot name, so I would like to come up with something similar. OneShot, Longshot, anything catchy. Then I want to find someone to come up with some clothing designs with the new name.

I am not looking to become the next huge clothing designer, but looking to make a small income business that I enjoy doing. I am open to any advice or knowledge that members of this site can give. Like I said, I am a newbie and am OK with that!!!! :D

madhattr, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  2. madhattr

madhattr Peon

Best Answers:
    KidsFront_original.jpg StayDeadlyBACK_original.jpg StayDeadlyFRONT_original.jpg ZeroBack_original.jpg ZeroFRONT_original.jpg

madhattr, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  3. Brookly

Brookly Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    cool designs... I go for "headshot" brandname. You should also make your own online store for your designs, for a wider market cheers :)

Brookly, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  4. anarayan

anarayan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Designs are not too bad but I think you should make a list of related one's so that you can have a bigger set of customers. If they all say the same thing it might get old quick. I say you make some, and put it on amazon or ebay and gauge what people want. Focus and improve that design, sell more and see how that goes and then expand.

anarayan, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  5. madhattr

madhattr Peon

Best Answers:
    That's what I came here for. I am looking for others to come up with different designs that I can use. I am not a designer. I am more on the marketing and distribution side. I am willing to pay for a variety of designs. Like I said, I am looking for an umbrella type name brand that I can use, like you said, related designs. I have to wait 14 days before I can post in that section.

madhattr, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  6. madhattr

madhattr Peon

Best Answers:
    Headshot is already taken and I don't really want to get into an infringement battle.

madhattr, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  7. anarayan

anarayan Active Member

Best Answers:
    Got it. Well, I am good with coming up with designs for websites and such - not much of a graphic artist. You should be able to find some around on this site or perhaps check out some freelancer sites.

anarayan, Oct 9, 2012 IP
  8. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Finding people to do designs for you is the easy part. If you have any money or can provide them royalties, you can find good designers on Etsy, Cafe Press, deviantArt, etc., and do a deal with them. Convincing people to buy from you when there are tons of other good t-shirt companies is the tough part. Good luck!

MTbiker, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  9. madhattr

madhattr Peon

Best Answers:
    I don't think I'll have a problem with the second part. Trying to find designers seems to be the hard part for me.

madhattr, Oct 12, 2012 IP
  10. MTbiker

MTbiker Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Look anywhere artists congregate, and you'll find tons of 'starving artists' looking for money and/or recognition. All you have to do is give them what they want.

MTbiker, Oct 12, 2012 IP