1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Looking to try once again.

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Oyst, Sep 2, 2010.

Evening all!

I've created websites in the past and well, they have never been succesful. I've earned a few dollars here and there and the only reason that they have failed is i just don't have the heart for what i have been working on.
    Generally i want to create a website to make money and who don't? But in the past i have created blogs on health, music and celebrities and i've also ran a arcade website which just wasn't for me.

Now i'm back again and want to create a website for fun and have decent unique content rather than just filling it with crap i don't give a damn about.
    Now my plan was to design and create a PC gaming review website but i am wondering am i too late? Will i be over shadowed but the current big dogs of gaming review? Obviously i'm doing this for myself so it don't matter too much but i would like to get a few visitors.

Thanks for your time all.

Oyst, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  2. Kat

Kat Member

Best Answers:
    Well I think you are on the right track by blogging about something that you care about. Blogging on a topic just because it pays well is a good way to not enjoy blogging! Almost any topic you choose is going to have a lot of competition. You just need to add your original voice, promote your blog and the visitors will come. It may take awhile! Good luck.

Kat, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  3. gotti3636

gotti3636 Peon

Best Answers:
    I would suggest that you should choose a particular area of gaming to focus on so that you do not have to compete with all of the general review sites. For example, maybe if you focus your website on sport/FPS/MMO/RPG or whatever one you like the most. That will mean you will get the interest from others who like the same types of games and they will read your reviews because you will specialize in one area :) Just my 2c worth

gotti3636, Sep 2, 2010 IP
  4. Oyst

Oyst Member

Best Answers:
    Thanks for the replies guys. I agree I definatley should focus on one type of gaming as I don't want to compete with the massive review sites. Thanks

Oyst, Sep 3, 2010 IP