1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Loved & hated cms basic features and build

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by Hannibal Reflecter, Apr 11, 2008.

Which CMS features U love or hate?

Here's a small story. Im looking to find a well functioning and smart cms with blog, classifieds, user comments and a forum.

First I looked at Joomla wich doesn't have a blog in the start install and no taxonomy (topics-system). Drupal is unnesessary big and told to be difficoult to make layouts for.

I then descided that I liked some kind of full module-install cms and looked at Bitweaver. But bitweaver has an inline adminitration which, in this case means that the website template will change the admin pages, or that the website must be de-coupled from the backend (admin) wich is a huge extra job for me as a non pro...

So I looked at SPIP which in most perspectives is very nice and well balanced for big bloggs, e-magazines or small communities. But for stylesheets, SPIP use a php-code-like tag system and NOT standard CSS (HTML) which at least for me make a huge obstacle to overcome to get a custom layout. CSS plain HTML seem fine to me.

So, basicly all the well known CMS's have some kind of basic /important mismatch (downside) in my opinion.

This basics I want:
    #1. A good midsized start installation pack w. balanced modules for extended blogging /small community. ("Big homepage" as I think most pro-amateurs aim at)
    #2. Standard CSS stylesheets (HTML) and user friendly Tag Language (cms-code)
    #3. Backend (adm) fixed, not dependant on website layout.
    #4. Open source

Surely 1 + 2 + 3 in a good build should make a ambitious amateur (or small society) lovable winner... but where is it?

/Hannibal

Hannibal Reflecter, Apr 11, 2008 IP
  2. eileensuzan

eileensuzan Banned

Best Answers:
    there is noting more than Drupal CMS in the world today.We consult and develop sites base on Drupal.What we cannot do with Drupal is just what a client has not requested.Y

eileensuzan, Apr 11, 2008 IP