1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Low Res To High Res

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by STATBD, Mar 29, 2011.

Hi,

I would like to know how to transfer any images from Low Resoluation to High Resolution using LIghtroom or CS3

Thanks

Mahi

STATBD, Mar 29, 2011 IP
  2. style0

style0 Peon

Best Answers:
    Well, you can just resize the image, and edit pixel/inch ratio, that is the way to do it. But the result will not be good.
    A low resolution image does not contain any other image info than what you see. If you make it bigger, every pixel in the image will be enlarged and the result will be a somewhat blurry image of low quality.
    Do the resizing in even steps, 100%, 200% - as appposed to 160%, 320% etc. This will get you the best results.

style0, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  3. drewtoby

drewtoby Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    I would recomend googleing it, or re-creating the image :(

drewtoby, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  4. ayekaye01

ayekaye01 Peon

Best Answers:
    hi!

try using illustrator, hope this will help you.

ayekaye01, Mar 30, 2011 IP
  5. Novruzeli Huseynov

Novruzeli Huseynov Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Making small images bigger will never work as it will lose its quality. Your best bet is re-designing it with a bigger resolution.

Novruzeli Huseynov, Mar 31, 2011 IP
  6. mnicklas14

mnicklas14 Greenhorn

Best Answers:
    Yeah, what they all said. But if it is a simpler graphic(less than 20 colors id say), you could use Illustrator and use the built in live trace function and it will practically recreate that image in vector format where you can resize it however you want and keep maximum quality...but if its a photograph, or complex image theres not much you can do. My only other recommendation would be, depending how big you wanted to stretch it, you could get artistic and incorporate that image in a higher resolution background image with some blending effects, filters, brushes, etc. and it will look much better than if you just blew it up anyways.

mnicklas14, Apr 1, 2011 IP
  7. COnArtist

COnArtist Peon

Best Answers:
    Check out the Perfect Resize 7 plug-in. It uses fractals to enlarge and does the best job I've found.

COnArtist, Apr 3, 2011 IP