1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Magento installation: Short Tutorial

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by nahid1203, Jul 3, 2010.

Hi, I think you guys know about Magento and I bet that many of you are afraid of using it cause you have heard that Magento is heard! (One of my friends told me) :mad: But the truth is, Magento installation is neither easy nor very difficult. Let me tell you about three problems you might have :cool: :
    1. THE INSTALLATION
    2. THE TEMPLATE SETUP
    3. THE MAGENTO CONNECTION MANAGER SETUP

Well, I am going to tell you about the installation problem. The installation problem is quite acute. You will download the Magento soft/script and unzip it, chmod the var/htaccess, app/etc, var (the folder) and all folders under media directory (Not the files but folders) to 0777, and for sure in many cases you will not be able to install it. So what would you do? SIR, YOU WILL NEED TO CHMOD THE index.php (in the main menu) to 0755. Only then you will be able to install it.

And for the magento connection manager setup, (A disturbing one, you wont find that easy) you shall
    #set downloder folder to chmod 0755
    #set downloader/index.php tp chmod 0644
    and you are done,
    if you yet do have problem then you can also do this, go to admin panel then, system>configuration>admin>security then, turn “Add Secret Key to URLs” off.

And about the template setup problem...I will tell about that anytime you want, just PM me or drop by my posts. Hope you like it... :eek:

Thanks

nahid1203, Jul 3, 2010 IP