1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

making a dotted background

Discussion in 'Photoshop' started by pratik, May 10, 2006.

hey there,

i was lookin for using this effect in one of my ads.. so i wanted to know as to how to make such effects in illustrator or photoshop..

[​IMG]

pratik, May 10, 2006 IP
  2. dkessaris

dkessaris Peon

Best Answers:
    It's rather simple, Using Photoshop just draw some black to white gradients and -> Select the channels palette -> Select any channel u like -> apply the halftone filter (If I remember correctly it's under the filter->pixelate menu)
    Then go back to the layers palette -> add a gradient map adjustment layer with a gradient consisting of the colors you like.

The image above maybe a vector (at istockphoto) but it was created using photoshop (using this or maybe some other technique)and then autotraced using illustrator (I know this for sure but I am too lazy too look for the thread at istockphoto)

dkessaris, May 10, 2006 IP
  3. pratik

pratik Notable Member

Best Answers:

thankz a lot for the help.. yes itz a vector on istockphoto...

i got it done as said by you.. but the only thing tht i wasnt able to do was to convert it into a vector.. how do you autotrace it in illustrator...??

and again thankz for the help... ;)

pratik, May 10, 2006 IP
  4. dkessaris

dkessaris Peon

Best Answers:
    dkessaris, May 11, 2006 IP