1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making a money website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by meadhead, Jan 16, 2012.

I'm just coming to terms with the fact that this internet thing is here to stay. So its about time I owned a slice of it.
    What is the best, easiest, fastest way to make cash from a website?
    I dont want to have to commit too much work or time to it.
    I dont want to have cops smashing in my door in the middle of the night.

I'm not expecting it to make me a millionaire, but a little extra from ads, re-selling and stuff like that would be nice.

Any advice?

meadhead, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  2. PCOnline

PCOnline Peon

Best Answers:
    Wow... There is a load of stuff you can do! do you have any ideas? do you want to blog, make videos, promote services? What did you have in mind?

PCOnline, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  3. nekowai

nekowai Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You better hurry up, world is ending :D

nekowai, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  4. sarhad12

sarhad12 Active Member

Best Answers:
    adsense helps and start seling webhosting plus you can do some freelancing work

sarhad12, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  5. SORIF.me

SORIF.me Active Member

Best Answers:
    I make decent money doing Freelance stuff... :)

SORIF.me, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  6. eric_wahlberg

eric_wahlberg Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Articles:
    Do what thing you are comfortable. If you are good in work, money will definitely come. No matter what it is.

eric_wahlberg, Jan 16, 2012 IP
  7. meadhead

meadhead Peon

Best Answers:
    What sort of freelance stuff do you mean? photoshop? Webdesign? Article writing?

I have some photoshop skills, but im not the best. I think selling webhosting would be good. Any advice on where to start?

meadhead, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  8. Revaxmedia

Revaxmedia Member

Best Answers:
    Maybe you should follow the process most uninformed webmasters make - buy several quick rich ebooks to find there is no way to get rich quick online and it requires just as much work as making money offline if not more.

Revaxmedia, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  9. meadhead

meadhead Peon

Best Answers:
    Ha! Depressingly true! Thanks Revaxmedia.

meadhead, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  10. tjcreation

tjcreation Peon

Best Answers:
    I'd create a page, such as a blog, that was regularly updated. Write articles or post videos about some high-traffic topic, and get a regular readership to follow it. Once you have that readership audience, you can market an affiliate product to them or use PPC advertising to make an income from the site. It's not fast, and it's not easy, but it will work.

tjcreation, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  11. BassHead

BassHead Peon

Best Answers:
    The main thing that helped me when I was starting was ignoring the easy/fast money routes, and just doing something that I was passionate about. Its so much easier to create a site that people find helpful and useful if you actually care about the subject that you are writing about.

That's not to say that "money" sites don't have their place. They can be a side project for sure. Just make sure that you have a main site that you are always working on and building up. Try to become an authority in your specific niche and you will find success.

Good luck and welcome!

BassHead, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  12. wealth2wealth

wealth2wealth Member

Best Answers:
    you can use your site to promote affiliate programs and network marketing

wealth2wealth, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  13. xenon121

xenon121 Active Member

Best Answers:
    internet marketing is not a place to earn money quickly. it is not a stock exchange.if you do not have time then hire some virtual assistance who can really help you out and in return you pay them some money. how that sound? they can help you in blogging, niche marketing, forum marketing, affiliate marketing etc.

xenon121, Jan 17, 2012 IP
  14. kenbiz

kenbiz Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    You should start promoting affiliate products for the beginning until you have earned a decent income that can sustain you to go full time living online then you may think of selling niche information products.

kenbiz, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  15. ironic

ironic Member

Best Answers:
    A common place to start is by making a couple little niche sites where you can build a mailing list and promote affiliate and/or CPA offers. As you make more money from that and get the hang of things, you can try to become the "expert" in that field and have your own products made. This usually works best if you start with something you're passionate about and grow from there. The speed at which these sites can grow depends on the time/money you invest into them at the beginning.

ironic, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  16. gvannorman

gvannorman Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    The quickest way to make money online is to get started. You can start with a blog. This of course is going to take time to get moving so your going to need to understand that. In the meantime you can head over to clickbank and choose a product in your niche. Record a few videos about it and promote it. Of course your going to need a squeeze page set up. You can register a .co.cc domain for this. Get some free hosting at byethost and get started. The videos that you make should bring in a few bucks until the blog starts to take off.

Good luck

gvannorman, Jan 18, 2012 IP
  17. meadhead

meadhead Peon

Best Answers:
    All good advice, thanks everyone.

meadhead, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  18. SfcPhantom

SfcPhantom Member

Best Answers:
    What do you like to do?
    Do you like writing? If so then start a blog or write articles for other people.
    Do you like widgets then talk about widgets.

It all stems down to doing something you are happy doing. If you do not do something you like then you will start it and then let it fall by the wayside.

I seen in your post that you do not want to devote a lot of time to it. Well making money takes time and if you want to keep making money from the interent it will take more of your time to maintain the site and get links and re write articles and get more visitors. This is not a fly by night thing I have been making money on the internet for about 4 years and I got lucky from 1 article out of the 500 or so that I wrote.
    So bottom line do what you are comfortable doing and something that will keep your interest or your just wasting your time.

Hope this helps

V/r
    John

SfcPhantom, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  19. alex06295

alex06295 Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Well, choose any niche which is demanded and has less competition.

If you can write article then you can make good money in forums like DP, or you can sell other services, this is the quickest way to making money online!

alex06295, Jan 19, 2012 IP
  20. thsadmin

thsadmin Notable Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    OK he's new - so finding a niche that's popular lol - yeah right... most webmasters don't even do keyword research for their first 2 years or sometimes not at all...

And what services can he sell? he said he's new... so he's not exactly going to be full of notable experience as a webmaster...

Pick a topic of interest and start blogging, find a host first, domain name, hire someone to set it up - if you don't know how and then submit your site here again and ask for advice on how to improve your site...

For the record there's no easy money online...

thsadmin, Jan 19, 2012 IP