1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making a site from newspaper articles

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by bigredkacy, Jun 21, 2010.

Would it be illegal to bring over articles and cite them on a blog that i am making..

kind of like a autoblog but i will say the source of where it came from

bigredkacy, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  2. KimiGermany

KimiGermany Peon

Best Answers:
    From newspaper articles, i guess it is illegal, and it is copying anyways. Perhaps when you spin the article or just posting a short summary and link to the source, not sure lol. The best way is contacting the newspaper and ask, in my opinion.

KimiGermany, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  3. bigredkacy

bigredkacy Peon

Best Answers:
    What about if i have someone rewrite it?

bigredkacy, Jun 21, 2010 IP
  4. promisem

promisem Active Member

Best Answers:
    Copying the articles is definitely illegal -- a copyright violation. You could do rewrites, but they have to be pretty thorough and they will take a lot of time.

promisem, Jun 24, 2010 IP
  5. iTube

iTube Active Member

Best Answers:
    It 100% illegal dude, however as mentioned on the previous posts, you can use article spinning tools to spin the article. However, I have heard stories someone doing this and earning money from AC and the likes.

iTube, Jun 25, 2010 IP
  6. ContentArticleWriter

ContentArticleWriter Peon

Best Answers:
    Ok, let me try to explain this the best way possible. Using ANYTHING that has been published by a NEWS Agency, be it Press or TV, without prior authorization is a violation of Copyright Laws. HOWEVER, there are times when you are allowed to use snip bits and link back to the main article. YET, each agency is different and has different Terms of Use, so your best bet is to contact the Newspaper DIRECTLY. IF by any chance you notice that the story says the Authors name and then says AP instead of the actual Newspaper whose site you are on, then AP has the sole rights of that story. The Associated Press is an International News Source Organization that has correspondents ALL over the world and furnish news stories to an assortment of news outlets UNDER CONTRACT. This means the newspapers, TV stations, Radio stations and magazines publishing their stories have EVERY legal right to do so as long as they keep "AP" as the original source.

Now, when it comes to re-writing, sure you can always choose to re-write a NEWS story, because it IS news and the information is factual. However, you should present the story in a totally different context than where you are getting it from and try to make it seem as different as possible. When it comes to News stories the information will always stay the same (if it has been confirmed) and what will change is the way any reporter tells the story.

I have been a career Journalist all my life and I can assure you that what I have told you is the WAY we handle news stories in the Offline world!

ContentArticleWriter, Jun 27, 2010 IP