1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making Forum

Discussion in 'Content Management' started by dude101, Jan 4, 2010.

Hi guys,

I see that many of you on this forum are very experienced with making website, forums, and blogs.

Well I was wanting to make some money, and I'm just a beginner at all of this. Now I was hoping to make an E-currency exchange forum. Right now I do not have much money to invest in this forum. What I am planning on doing is gettng the forum completely finished with all the sections, categories etc., Getting all the proper design done that will be needed, then eventually gathering up sites to advertise on my site.

I was hoping you guys could give me some tips on the process of this all and the best way to do it (FREE)!
    Also what forum provider should I use?
    Has anyone else tried making a forum and been successful? **Please do not offer to sell me a forum, or site**

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
    dude101, Jan 4, 2010 IP
  2. dude101

dude101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Also if I have this in wrong section please inform me, or if you are a moderator please move it :)

dude101, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  3. internetmarketingiq

internetmarketingiq Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    What's the point.

build it and they will come doesn't work.

figure out what you can offer visitors that will truly benefit them and NOT just what you think can make money and you win.

What is different about your idea that will make people want to participate in your Forums?

Forums require massive traffic to make money.

internetmarketingiq, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  4. dude101

dude101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Hi,

Well I have decided to make a BMX forum, which i am very interested in myself, I also would like to have a forum that could bring in say $100/month just for some extra money now and then.

So in the end I can chat with people with my same interests and get some spare cash out of it.

dude101, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  5. KC TAN

KC TAN Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    Start with a blog, when you have the traffic and people start commenting, then create a form for them.

At the very minimum, you still need to invest the domain name fee and web hosting fee.

KC TAN, Jan 5, 2010 IP
  6. dude101

dude101 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Well I already made a forum, but right now i am getting everything in key, so the forum will be nice, then I will adv.

dude101, Jan 6, 2010 IP