1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making money from a front page digg?

Discussion in 'Social Networks' started by mistergin, Oct 19, 2007.

Got front page'd on reddit and digg and after over a quarter million hits, I have enough adsense revenue to buy a burger for lunch :eek:

Has anyone found a good way to monetize that sort of traffic? My blog is completely random and not targeted (which means it gets almost 100x as much traffic as my targeted blogs), so I'm focusing more on getting content, backlinks, and then selling links once the high PR kicks in.

Just not sure if I could be doing anything for the immediate time.. if you get front page'd on a "tech" site like digg, is it better to swap affiliate ads for something more targeted to that group.. and if so, any ideas?

First time this happened so first focus is keeping the site up, but beyond that, it'd be nice to at least walk away with some cash in pocket. Although I understand most digg/reddit users don't click ads anyway..

mistergin, Oct 19, 2007 IP