1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making Money from Websites: Beginners Guide

Discussion in 'General Business' started by -Chappy-, Nov 30, 2006.

I've been a computer hobbyist for some time but never really thought I could make money from the internet. At the start of this year I began buying and selling domain names. No real reason, just thought I'd give it a try. I was quickly making lots of money and thinking it can't get any better than this.

I stumbled on this and some other sites recently which suggested there was also money to be made from "PPC" or "Affiliate Programs".

With PPC it appears that you park a domain with a PPC site and it fills the page with ads. A small percentage of visitors click on the ads and you make money. Simple as that.

With Affiliate programs it appears that you have to design the webpages yourself, and place more specific products on your page and get much higher "PPC" revenues when people buy stuff from your site. It appears this is the way to go.

The way I see it, all you need the following:

1. A website with products for sale that people can buy.
    2. Sign up for affiliate programs.
    3. Traffic, which generates the sales.

I don't know how to make websites but I'm sure its pretty easy after some basic research. There are tons of software packages that are easy to use I believe. Therefore I think (1) is not too difficult.

I think (2) is easy and just depends what you want to sell on your site.

I believe the tricky part is (3). Getting traffic I believe is all about "SEO" and exchanging links and such. Basically putting your site all over the place so you get more visitors. Still not sure how this is done yet.

My task is to figure all this out and perhaps make $100 a month or something.

Can anyone who is into this confirm that these basic principles apply?

THANKS

-Chappy-, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  2. John Guanzon

John Guanzon Peon

Best Answers:
    You are very much on the right trial. Although each of those three steps (even if done to a T) will take some time to work the way you want it too. Espescially if you are wanting lasting results and residual income. I offer you my
    assistance in anyway that I can.

Best Regards,
    John Guanzon

John Guanzon, Nov 30, 2006 IP
  3. Seiya

Seiya Peon

Best Answers:
    You are missing the key concept...

"A website with products for sale that people can buy"

Create good original products.... is before that. :) Of course you can try and sell copies of other stuff already out there but thats gonna be harder.... too much competition.

If i was you and wanted to make $100 month id create some nice informational websites, get them to rank good... and youd be on your way... one site making $3 a day can get you the $100 month.... and thats not too hard with the right amount of work put in it... in no time you could be there

Seiya, Dec 1, 2006 IP
  4. BuzzyDev

BuzzyDev Guest

Best Answers:
    You said "I don't know how to make websites but I'm sure its pretty easy after some basic research" ... You are partly right, partly wrong... it depends..

You may like check out this article to start with your research: http://buzzyventure.com/basics_building_website.htm

BuzzyDev, Oct 5, 2008 IP
  5. niknyc

niknyc Peon

Best Answers:
    all things that you mentioned are right, however nowadays in order to compete you need to create good websites, and quality websites are no near easy to create. Just HTML won't help, you' ll need to learn a lot about design and functionality, i'd say on average it takes 8 month of hard work to begin understanding. My advice just do it: start of from learning HTML Photoshop at least then see what you need ))) there a lot of free information out there such as w3schools and lynda. Good luck

niknyc, Aug 30, 2012 IP