1. Advertising
    y u no do it?

Advertising (learn more)

Advertise virtually anything here, with CPM banner ads, CPM email ads and CPC contextual links. You can target relevant areas of the site and show ads based on geographical location of the user if you wish.

Starts at just $1 per CPM or $0.10 per CPC.

Making money with no website

Discussion in 'General Business' started by Valerie Henderson, Apr 21, 2013.

1. praesto

praesto Active Member

Best Answers:
    Your right with your first paragraph but your list of jobs seems way off, at least for America.

In America no elderly person/family would pay you 100$ a month to pick up groceries once or twice a month. I am not sure where you live but braiding hair is not really prominent in America anymore, and when it was you it was about $25-$50 on the east coast and included additional services. Craigs list has people that repair the glass on iphones or plastic on other phones for much cheaper than 100$. If you check Craigslist the average price for my area alone is 45-60$ per person.

Lastly, finding the quantity of people to fulfill these obligations (300 people with broken iphone glass that can afford to repair it. Is harder than you think. For example you have the people that are too poor to be able to afford fixing the glass and people that have so much money, they will just buy a new phone (Or were smart enough to have it covered under insurance).

Anyways, all that aside you are right with the idea of finding 300 customers for 100$ will make $30,000 per year. Learn a simple skill and one can easily make money if they are willing to devote the time. Here is a great example that my local market would be willing and able to pay for.

Learn to change the oil on a car (Very VERY simple) for a flat fee of $90-$110 do the following:
    Change Oil - Use Synthetic - Takes 20 minutes
    Clean Windshield- Takes 5 minutes.
    Rotate Tires- Takes 10 minutes.
    Fill Windshield Washer fluid- Takes 2 minutes.
    Check Tire Pressure- Takes 2 minutes.
    Fill any Tires that need pressure. - Takes 5 Minutes

If you live in America getting a synthetic oil change costs around 70-80$ anyways, The oil itself costs 40$.

But all in costs your at
    $40 5qts oils (Charge 9$ per additional quart to make profit for trucks and larger vehicles)
    8$ Oil filter - This is a mid grade oil filter.
    1$ Windshield washer fluid - This will generally do 2-3 cars and more if most of them are full.
    Check Tire Pressure - 0$
    Rotate Tires- 0$
    Fill any tires that need pressure- 0$

Oil Tire Gauge 45$ for a premium gauge.
    You can rotate tires by hand/electric gun - Electric Impact Wrench - 80$ Spare battery 30$ - 110$
    Mobile Air Compressor- 40-60$

On the high end your $215 sunk cost - With 40-60$ profit for each customer. After three customers everything is paid for.

There is A LOT of value added for the customer for a minimal 10-20$

So in other words learn what would do well in your local market and get out there and just do work. The great thing about this is that you make approximately 50$ per person and oil changes need to be done twice a year. So that is 100$ per customer per year profit. Because your prices are actually competitive against the local shops and your mobile you will actually gain a customer base pretty easily.

There are tons of things like this you can do. Mow Lawns, Pool Cleaning(RIDICULOUS amount of money to be made for pool cleaning). Mobile Car Cleaning, or computer repair. ETC

Money is easily made - This is not even a money making forum but all that aside to make money you have to work.

Mobile Car Cleaning.

Mobile Car Cleaning.

praesto, May 6, 2013 IP
  2. Oozen

Oozen Well-Known Member

Best Answers:

That's amazing I gave this same example earlier today with just different numbers. What are the odds.

https://forums.digitalpoint.com/threads/work-at-home-jobs.2655442/#post-18578753

As for my list I know people first hand who do each of these things for that amount. I'm sure it varies based off of location, income, and proper marketing strategy but the numbers are sound. Even if you charge a little less for a competitive advantage all you have to do is increase your customer base to make up for the difference.

You will often find people telling you that you can't do something when in fact you can if you market it correctly and become a master of your niche.

For example the iPhone glass repair. He assumes that everyone trust craigslists like you or I do but a lot of people don't because of the murders that happened from it so there is a market there. Some people would rather be able to interact with a live person in a public setting that they can contact if need be. Then once you have that relationship you can upsell them an Otter Box phone case for protection which you are now also a seller in at a discounted price because your buying directly from the manufacture at a discount price.

As for the concierge job or any other business for that matter "You don't get what you deserve, you get what you negotiate".

Now as for the cost of a women getting her hair done with extensions your just wrong. I don't know where you got $25 - $50 from but i'm sure any women on this thread will tell you that's just not right for extensions.

But thank you for reiterating my post when I said there are tons more out there. Your examples were good too.

Last edited: May 6, 2013
    Oozen, May 6, 2013 IP
  3. ninjamtlt1

ninjamtlt1 Active Member

Best Answers:
    I make a little bit with my blog, but not much. But it's growing at a nice pace so the amount I make should grow too. YOu will succeed if you keep trying. The amount you make depends on your effort level and what you put into it...you must treat it like a real business to succeed. Good luck to you!

ninjamtlt1, May 6, 2013 IP
  4. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    I know it all takes a lot of work, making money online, but I personally don't have the expertise or patients to really blog enough to cultivate a following. You need passion for that, real passion, not just time and effort and working like crazy promoting and writing original copy. I mean you could fake interest in coin collecting and blog about it for months and months without caring about it, but it's better for you and your fans if you actually care about it.

01123581321345589144, May 6, 2013 IP
  5. webcosmo

webcosmo Notable Member

Best Answers:
    It does work if you are a skilled writer and find an unexploited niche to write about.

webcosmo, May 6, 2013 IP
  6. 01123581321345589144

01123581321345589144 Active Member

Best Answers:
    Digital Goods:
    Never said it didn't work. Just said it takes a lot of time.

01123581321345589144, May 6, 2013 IP
  7. OSSEO

OSSEO Active Member

Best Answers:
    You can make money without website. start freelance writing business via forum & social media.

OSSEO, May 7, 2013 IP
  8. praesto

praesto Active Member

Best Answers:
    If you look in his post he mentions getting hair braided for 125$, I mentioned that back when it was popular and people stood outside of stores with a little table, some beads, etc they would charge 25-50$ to do hair work.

I did not reiterate your post -- I did not even read your post (No offense still didnt even after you linked it)

But I am glad we have the same point/conclusion.

praesto, May 13, 2013 IP
  9. IsayHey

IsayHey Well-Known Member

Best Answers:
    There are many ways that you can make money without actually investing in a website. One of the major things that people do when working freelance without a website is write articles for people, this is something I do to make the money for the larger topics that I am going to pursue in the future.

I recently read an article (http://www.squidoo.com/making-money-online-with-iwriter) talking about a website called iWriter that is apparently a very good place if you write articles freelance and there is lots of opportunities to make money, has anyone here had experience with this site and would be kind enough to tell me if it is worth trying out or not?

IsayHey, May 15, 2013 IP
  10. Airknight

Airknight Active Member

Best Answers:

The best way to make money online is...to write a book about how making money online. Most of these books are crap, when you know how to make 1000 $ a day, what are your reasons to give away your business by revealing your tips ?

Airknight, May 15, 2013 IP
  11. PioneerGlobal

PioneerGlobal Member

Best Answers:
    You can make money from social networking sites, you can promote clients products on your social networking sites.

PioneerGlobal, May 16, 2013 IP
  12. duniadotcom

duniadotcom Member

Best Answers:
    As netter who are beginners is very difficult to be able to get income from the internet because not knowing how to work it and I also experience it

duniadotcom, Jun 3, 2013 IP